VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4,790 Posts
Re: Eos Front End... Golf/Jetta Direct swap? (Arin)

I am assuming that you will be able to. Since golf and jetta front ends can be swapped. If passats front end can be swapped to golf/jetta that would also raise the odds.

· Registered
42,107 Posts
Doubtful.

Notice where the A-pillar meets the hood and front quarter on each of the cars. They aren't the same.

· Registered
42,107 Posts
Re: (03PlatinumGray)

Quote, originally posted by 03PlatinumGray »
You know when the car comes out, someone will spend the money to see what it WILL take to make it work.

Are you planning to be that "someone?"

· Registered
1,081 Posts

Sorry to post something unrelated, but what wheels are those on the black GLI? I really like them!!! part #??? Size?? etc..?
I looked in the project cars here in the Vortex and didn't see it.
BTW, to post something related here and get less flames
, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a refresh in a while to the jetta front to resemble to EOS. Remember that this is the way VW is moving with their designs, so it should be incorporated into the Jetta/Golf sometime, and probably before the A6 chassis.

· Registered
7,462 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if the Jetta got Eos-style headlights etc. as a mid-cycle refresh. IIRC Jamie said VW was already planning such a thing.

· Registered
7,748 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 03PlatinumGray »
You know when the car comes out, someone will spend the money to see what it WILL take to make it work.

For the money in parts alone you'd probably be WAY better off buying the Eos..

Quote, originally posted by jddaigle »
I wouldn't be surprised if the Jetta got Eos-style headlights etc. as a mid-cycle refresh. IIRC Jamie said VW was already planning such a thing.

Considering how shortly behind the Eos was in development, you would have though they would have considered that from the get go?? I'm sure the Concept C was being conceived as plans were drawn up for the Jetta V.

· Registered
13,133 Posts
Re: (Giancarlo)

Quote, originally posted by Giancarlo »
Sorry to post something unrelated, but what wheels are those on the black GLI? I really like them!!! part #??? Size?? etc..?

those are OEM passat rims. i believe they are 19 inchers...
im sure other people will have more info.

· Registered
42,107 Posts
Re: (bluerabbit0886)

Quote, originally posted by bluerabbit0886 »

those are OEM passat rims. i believe they are 19 inchers...
im sure other people will have more info.

OEM Phaeton.
The name of the wheel is "Helios."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.