·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: EPA/DOT (dUbL2RbL)

Hey, that suks... Nope never heard of it

Thanks
Rob..
Edit.... Ever dyno your car?? what kind of #'s are you getting at what boost levels.?

[Modified by a747ba, 1:18 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Re: EPA/DOT (a747ba)

a747ba:
quote:[HR][/HR]Hi all, was just wondering if people in hawaii have to comply with the EPA (enviromental protection agency) and the DOT ( department of transportation)
thanks
Rob
[HR][/HR]​
dubL2Rbl:
quote:[HR][/HR]Wassup Rob!
Yes we do and like sonicmotorsports says have you ever heard of Recon?[HR][/HR]​
Rob is right! No emissions here on the islands, except Maui(I think), but a Recon(Reconstruction) law. Any modification to a car must be documented by the state. So if anything is done illegally, you may be denied a "Recon" sticker!
Therefore would be driving on the street illegally. A recon ticket can cost $100 per violation. Correct me if I'm wrong fellow islanders

Errol

[Modified by Aloha-boy, 8:58 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
850 Posts
Re: EPA/DOT (96golfin)

quote:[HR][/HR]Nah, no emissions here on maui. No recon either
[HR][/HR]​
WHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! No recon????
DAAAMMIIIITTTTT!!!! Wow! Lucky you live maui eh
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Re: EPA/DOT (a747ba)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey, that suks... Nope never heard of it

Thanks
Rob..
Edit.... Ever dyno your car?? what kind of #'s are you getting at what boost levels.?
[HR][/HR]​
Sorry no dyno yet hopefully soon...I am still working on the body shooting to get it done by the DEC 10 so I can go cruising with the Dub crew on Dec.16. I am currently running 5psi... I have the ATP stage II kit with FMIC that they claim can deliver 220whp...I am adding some JE pistons and a copper head gasket to lower the compression after christmas so ill probably be running 8-10 psi for my daily driver. I never take it to the tracks so I dont know what my quarter mile time would be but it feels like shes pulls hard...its aight for a 2.0L.
Peace,
Rob

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Re: EPA/DOT (JOHN-E-GTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]ok i assume you don't have a 1/4 mile.........do you run a time from one side of the island to the other???? i know how big a island is...i saw blue lagoon.lol[HR][/HR]​
Babooz

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Re: EPA/DOT (JOHN-E-GTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]ok i assume you don't have a 1/4 mile.........do you run a time from one side of the island to the other???? i know how big a island is...i saw blue lagoon.lol[HR][/HR]​
Hahahahhehehehhe! LMAO
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
E

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Babooz!

Yeah! Actually if you can make it down here for the Dec. 16th cruise you can join us... were going to have a race to see who can get from my grass shack to errols grass shack the fastest without hitting any coconut trees.... and the winner gets lei'd by a beautiful hula girl and we live happily ever after.

Babooz!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Re: Babooz! (dUbL2RbL)

quote:[HR][/HR]Babooz!
[HR][/HR]​
Hahahahah....... Ho brah! He so haole, he don't even know he's haole! ....... Beat it haole buddy, this is our waves!

BTW.........Scrub it kook!!!!!

[Modified by jettazx7, 5:08 AM 12-2-2001]

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Re: Babooz! (jettazx7)

i hear ya on the waves bro....i'm beat here and definately restricted to a longboard... i also kno about the red dirt thing and bringin the sand back to here... good business for you though. i kno you must pay a buttload for yer ride and respect that like the waves but if you call me that again i'll smash you into poi mahallo.. sorry east coast pride thing...
if anyone has a dyno there they must be sick or charge a buttload!!!!!!!

[Modified by JOHN-E-GTI, 12:39 AM 12-3-2001]

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Re: Babooz! (JOHN-E-GTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]i hear ya on the waves bro....i'm beat here and definately restricted to a longboard... i also kno about the red dirt thing and bringin the sand back to here... good business for you though. i kno you must pay a buttload for yer ride and respect that like the waves but if you call me that again i'll smash you into poi mahallo.. sorry east coast pride thing...
if anyone has a dyno there they must be sick or charge a buttload!!!!!!!

[Modified by JOHN-E-GTI, 12:39 AM 12-3-2001][HR][/HR]​
Bringing sand back for good business???

Why would anyone be sick if they owned a dyno???

Barney

[Modified by SonicVw, 8:08 AM 12-3-2001]

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Re: Babooz! (JOHN-E-GTI)

Hey east coast pride I believe to Dyno your car here costs like 60.00 for the first hour and 30.00 for every additional hour...correct me if im wrong guys... just though i'd let you know dude. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask us.
Another question for you east coast pride...looks like you've visited here before you seem to have alot of knowledge about us Hawaii people and our ways. Why dont you tell us where you stayed and what places you have visited and how you liked it.
quote:[HR][/HR]call me that again i'll smash you into poi mahallo.. sorry east coast pride thing...[HR][/HR]​
BTW Mahalo is spelled with 1L not two
Peace....Haole!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Re: Babooz! (Aloha-boy)

quote:[HR][/HR]Ah guys no make trouble!
Lets not bring negativity to this forum.
Lets show that we can manage without a moderator in here....... please!

E
[HR][/HR]​
OK...its cool...sorry I got a little carried away but if yall really knew me I don't mean any harm. Peace to JOHN-E-GTI man you know wassup you can handle.
Free drink to the one who can answer this question for me.
What was originally the meaning of Haole? (The real meaning why Hawaiian people used it back in the day)
Drink will be awarded to the person on the day of the Dec. 16th cruise.
Cost of drink not to exceed $3.00 - (I cheep aswai)
Peace,
Rob
Aloha,
Rob

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Re: Babooz! (dUbL2RbL)

quote:[HR][/HR]Free drink to the one who can answer this question for me.
What was originally the meaning of Haole? (The real meaning why Hawaiian people used it back in the day)
Drink will be awarded to the person on the day of the Dec. 16th cruise.
Cost of drink not to exceed $3.00 - (I cheep aswai)
Peace,
Rob
Aloha,
Rob[HR][/HR]​
:raising hand: oh!
oh!
:raising hand: I think I know, now correct me if I'm wrong. When the "Haole" first arrived to the islands, the Hawaiians thought they were ghosts. Because the "Haole" were very pale in skin color. "Haole" = Ghosts in Hawaiian.

Errol

·
Registered
850 Posts
Re: Babooz! (Aloha-boy)

Haole means a foreigner (foreign person) not necessarily a white person. Second guest is ha' ole which means "no way jose" http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

If I win I'll take a
on Rob's tab please

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.