VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just ran into this issue tonight, I was driving home and my EPC light came on I noticed no difference in the vehicle performance, just a slight loss of acceleration, nothing major enough to impact the performance of the vehicle.
I have a AEM Gauge plugged into the OBD2 so I checked codes- nothing.
Cleared the code, engine seemed to “come alive” a bit after light went off, started to drive and EPC light came on again- rinse and repeat. Didn’t turn vehicle off just cleared the code, drove it home fine.

just had spark plugs replaced last week, I’ve got 42k on the vehicle I’ve read where it could be battery voltage but my battery has a consistent voltage of 13.8-13.9 while driving, so I don’t think that’s the issue the only other chabge I could think of is I deflated my tires by about 11-12 PSI abour 10 minutes prior just to smooth my ride quality a bit (51-36 PSI) but I doubt that would cause an EPC light?

considering the vehicle ran fine I’m not worried, I have a date this weekend so as long as I can get there and back I’m good for the time being, is there any input to my issue? I’ve read all the other EPC forums and I’ve read a variety of things from turbo replacement to crankshaft sensor to throttle body.

thank you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, I just ran into this issue tonight, I was driving home and my EPC light came on I noticed no difference in the vehicle performance, just a slight loss of acceleration, nothing major enough to impact the performance of the vehicle.
I have a AEM Gauge plugged into the OBD2 so I checked codes- nothing.
Cleared the code, engine seemed to “come alive” a bit after light went off, started to drive and EPC light came on again- rinse and repeat. Didn’t turn vehicle off just cleared the code, drove it home fine.

just had spark plugs replaced last week, I’ve got 42k on the vehicle I’ve read where it could be battery voltage but my battery has a consistent voltage of 13.8-13.9 while driving, so I don’t think that’s the issue the only other chabge I could think of is I deflated my tires by about 11-12 PSI abour 10 minutes prior just to smooth my ride quality a bit (51-36 PSI) but I doubt that would cause an EPC light?

considering the vehicle ran fine I’m not worried, I have a date this weekend so as long as I can get there and back I’m good for the time being, is there any input to my issue? I’ve read all the other EPC forums and I’ve read a variety of things from turbo replacement to crankshaft sensor to throttle body.

thank you!
For reference I was also putting my foot down half throttle and immediately letting off the pedal, to raise my RPMS and lower them quite a few times- I was seeing if I had any more rumbles like prior to my spark plug replacement, it was after I did this a few minutes later the light came on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The EPC light came on but no codes were in the system? Not sure if this is common or not but obviously difficult to troubleshoot without codes.
Yeah it was really weird absolutely no codes, the light went away after I gunned it down a freeway and hasn’t come on since and the vehicle runs fine. I know I need to clean the throttle body but other than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts