VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

381 - 390 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Weird EPC problem

I have had the weirdest problem during the last month. My mk7 gti sometimes randomly stutters for 1/2 seconds while driving (feels like going over bad road) then it shows EPC light and drives fine Again, when I restart car it’s gone. I’ve went to a garage to read the error code and every time it shows up unknown error. It’s driving me nuts hopefully someone has any info! Happened almost every other day

·
Registered
530 Posts
Bad tank of gas? Maybe water in fuel? When stuff like happened on my Ford diesel it was usually a chafed wire bumping something but I've never heard of issues like that with these cars.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
2016 Golf 1.8tsi. 70,000 KM

EPC Light is on. No other lights are on and the car is running perfectly fine.

I had read to try:
  • start car
  • start it again but this time press down on accelerator (this is while it is in Park)
When I do this I feel a slight wobble (feels like underneath seat). The EPC light remains on.

Anyway, I am reluctant to take it in until I have a better understanding of what the potential problem might be.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
236 Posts
2016 Golf 1.8tsi. 70,000 KM

EPC Light is on. No other lights are on and the car is running perfectly fine.

I had read to try:
  • start car
  • start it again but this time press down on accelerator (this is while it is in Park)
When I do this I feel a slight wobble (feels like underneath seat). The EPC light remains on.

Anyway, I am reluctant to take it in until I have a better understanding of what the potential problem might be.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Get a hold of someone with vagcom. It will tell you exactly what the issue is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I had a shop give me the error codes. They are:
14846-P256300
15202-P00AF00
15227-P00AF00
These all seem to be related to the TUrbo. Car runs perfectly. Anything easy I can try before I take it to the dealership. It is outside of the powertrain warranty by a couple months. thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So I had a shop give me the error codes. They are:
14846-P256300
15202-P00AF00
15227-P00AF00
These all seem to be related to the TUrbo. Car runs perfectly. Anything easy I can try before I take it to the dealership. It is outside of the powertrain warranty by a couple months. thanks.
Try this: If the codes are related to the wastegate actuator the dealership will tell you that you need to change the turbo BUT YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THAT although if it is covered by the warranty go ahead. If you do not have a warranty, just use some wd-40 and spray the wastegate linkage with it to clean it. Then, apply some nickel based lubricant(rated 2400f) on the linkage and you'll be fine.

381 - 390 of 390 Posts