VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2013.5 GLI Gen 3, car is stage 1 and catless. Under hard acceleration usually when the car is under high RPM for a long time (light usually flicks on around 4500rpm in 4th or 5th gear) I get an EPC light. Car drives normally and does not go limp, and the light shuts off when I restart. I cant read the code with my OBD tool, but I can read the CEL I have which is the P0030 code. Any ideas?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm guessing you CEL is related to your catless downpipe, not to the EPC light. My EPC light would come on under your exact circumstances. I read the codes and the issues were turbocharger underboost and fuel rail system pressure too low. What tuning software are you running? Also, what elevation do you drive at?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing you CEL is related to your catless downpipe, not to the EPC light. My EPC light would come on under your exact circumstances. I read the codes and the issues were turbocharger underboost and fuel rail system pressure too low. What tuning software are you running? Also, what elevation do you drive at?
Unitronic Stage 1, I am at sea level, would your car go limp with EPC light?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Unitronic Stage 1, I am at sea level, would your car go limp with EPC light?
Nope, and I never noticed a difference when it turned on honestly. Came on when a pulled in 3rd gear from 3k-6.5k. I solved it by decreasing my fuel rail open loop in my tune settings, but I'm not sure if you can do that with the Unitronic tunes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, and I never noticed a difference when it turned on honestly. Came on when a pulled in 3rd gear from 3k-6.5k. I solved it by decreasing my fuel rail open loop in my tune settings, but I'm not sure if you can do that with the Unitronic tunes.
Interesting, was it running lean, rich? Do you remember what the code was when the EPC light came on? I cant seem to read the code (I don’t have a VCDS cable) with my regular obd scanner. Mine is the same way, 3rd gear anywhere above 4k it pops on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting, was it running lean, rich? Do you remember what the code was when the EPC light came on? I cant seem to read the code (I don’t have a VCDS cable) with my regular obd scanner. Mine is the same way, 3rd gear anywhere above 4k it pops on.
P029900 - Underboost
P008700 - Fuel Rail Pressure Low

Those are the codes I got on my OBDeleven.

On my JB4 I got P3BEF and P3AD2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts