VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Gorgeous car. Might be heading out to Flagstaff in a few months with my coupe. Will be keeping an eye on this for sure.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Making some progress...

MK3 subframe with BFI poly motor mount and HD G60 trans mount:

New crossmember bushings and R32 control arm bushings:

Had my DBW pedal attached to the pedal cluster. Thanks to Derek @ Exklusiv Motorsports:

Install day!

Doing a full Techtonics 2.5in exhaust. This is the downpipe they make for the MK2 1.8t swaps. Fit like a glove!

Installed:

My pile of parts is slowly getting smaller:

Next up I have to tackle wiring. Shouldn't be too bad thanks to the Stancedubs harness.

More updates to come......

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
awesome find and a gorgeous car. They are still good mk2's still floating around. good to see you got one for a good price.:beer:

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
man alive you just made a 20v look so damned easy that was incredible. i may have to change plans for my little mkII here in az as well.

after i get the dcorrado on the road. man plans never stay the same.

very clean car

·
Registered
513 Posts
very vice work so far. u guys out west, AZ, Nevada, Socal are so lucky to have these rust free cars. every guy here out at that takes on one these builds has to take out the motor and then have to deal with all this rust and rot from the salt and shi**y east coast weather. cant wait to see how this thing turns out. keep up the progress

21 - 40 of 243 Posts