VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 VW GSW 1.8T 4Motion
28 Posts
I've been looking into a few things for the reasons why.

Is your car equipped with adaptive cruise control? Did you turn off traction control and have cruise control on?
Traction control off disables ACC.
The sensor could be dirty.
Or it could be a battery fault.
Hopefully its one of the first few and not the battery.

You bought your car from Pfaff Auto group (maybe even VW themselves) right? (Don't mind me, done some digging...) should have some sort of warranty/service available as you've only had your car 3 months longer than I. Not much more I can really add other than this. Good Luck @raggdoll

Edit: Have you plugged in your OBDEleven to see if any faults/errors pop up? Just saw your original post with the car, and your "make me jealous" garage :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would not go back to Newmarket VW even if they paid me to come there...

Ive been putting off getting a OBD11, I'm ordering one tonight.

I think Ive put together why this happened based on feedback from a FB Sportwagen page.

My EPC light came on after filling up today, and I realized I probably didn't tighten the cap properly. Pulled over, shut off and checked, and indeed I didn't. So closed it properly, started it up and the light was gone. But the whole way home the cruise would not work and this message was on the display.

·
Registered
2018 VW GSW 1.8T 4Motion
28 Posts
Was kind of hoping you had warranty from VW themselves, not just that specific dealership. I personally bought an extended warranty for my car, original manufacturers warranty would have ended july 31st of this year, i took possession on july 29th, was a no-brainer to add 5 years bumper to bumper, and can take it to any VW dealership for warranty work. I'd offer you my ODB11 to use, but being 4 hours away minimum, with the horrendous 401/400 highway construction going on right now, would probably be more like 8 hours. Remember the first thing you do when using the ODBEleven for the first time, is create a backup for your car.... trust me, its an addictive little device. From remote comfort windows, automatic hatch pop (aftermarket pistons required), lighting profiles, mirror options, turning sound actor off, to name a few, you might just go down a rabbit hole. Other than my wrap, wheels, and mats, most of the "mods" I have done to my car have been through the ODB11. And don't waste money on credits, just use long coding, use youtube, vwvortex and golfmk7 forums for long coding tips and help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts