VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just going through VW's site to see what they added on the 2005s and saw that they now made ESP standard on the Passats. It was optional ($280) before on all but the GLX and W8. http://vw.autodatadirect.com/A...gedOn=
ESP is a good thing to have and has been standard on the New Passats (B5.5) in Europe for a long time.
I also saw that the 1.8T was dropped from the GL and GLS Jetta trim lines.

· Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: ESP now standard (maybeTDI)

I waited a whole model year when I heard that it was going to be made available in the Passat. When I bought it, my early 2003 was the only ESP equipped Sliverstone 1.8T Auto fully optioned wagon in Florida. ESP then was new to the dealers and I was told that I was the only one who ever requested it. The salesman did not even know much about except that it was a stability program. And for the price of $280, it was a steal. ESP also comes with Brake Assist. Love the colour of your wagon, that was my first color choice, but no wagon with that colour with ESP and Tip was avaialble then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.