VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with my dealer today and was informed that ESP will be on the cars over 200hp only which would be the 6 cylinder model and of course the W8. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I ordered a 2003 1.8 thinking I was getting ESP. He got this info from his midwestern regional manager. Any clarification would be helpful.

[Modified by keithG, 7:09 PM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Re: ESP on 2003 only for 6 cylinder? (keithG)

quote:[HR][/HR]I spoke with my dealer today and was informed that ESP will be on the cars over 200hp only which would be the 6 cylinder model and of course the W8. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I ordered a 2003 1.8 thinking I was getting ESP. He got this info from his midwestern regional manager. Any clarification would be helpful.

[Modified by keithG, 7:09 PM 4-10-2002][HR][/HR]​
I Believe he is very wrong, 200 hp, the 2.8l liter stays the same rated, and I have heard through lots of sources that ESp will be a 280 buck option, and even on other vw models too, can VWguild confirm this, he is the first I heard from!!!
Thanks, and good luck

·
Registered
99 Posts
Re: ESP on 2003 only for 6 cylinder? (keithG)

I have not heard that specifically. I also ordered a 2003 1.8T and the dealer specified ESP on the order. He informed me last week that he had received a commision number so who knows. Also, if 200hp is your guide, the V-6 2.8L wouldn't have ESP either. I feel sort of like a mushroom about now....

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Re: ESP on 2003 only for 6 cylinder? (vwvortex1)

quote:[HR][/HR]ESP is optional on all 2003 model Passats except the W8 Passat where it is standard equipment.

-jamie[HR][/HR]​
Jamie, can you confirm that on other VW, like the GTI, and Jetta 1.8t?
Thanks

·
Registered
462 Posts
Re: ESP on 2003 only for 6 cylinder? (Bboble)

I got a commission number for my 2003 1.8T Passat GLS, and the order specified ESP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.