VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Re: Etienne Aigner Edition (oldschoolvdub)

check Kammys site out..here has more detailed info and pics..also there are a few on here who own one..
Etienne Aigner editions were a limited edition offered in '91 only. they came in blue, burgundy, and green.
the tops were always canvas and were the same color as the car. the wheels were polished aluminum (forged) "La Castellet" wheels or more commonly known as "carat" wheels.
the seats were cloth (sport seats up front) and they matched the color of the car.. (ie: blue car, blue cloth seats, blue canvas top etc)
carpets always matched the color of the car too (i believe im right about this but i cant say if the green ones had green carpets) anyway the most interesting feature about this model is that it had little horse shoe pattern on the seats, in a repeating pattern, and even on the cabby top boot (which was the same color as your top) also in the center of the seatbacks, was a gold metal horse shoe, embroidered to the seatback, in a leather panel that matched your seats color. the car also had the Horse shoe emblems on the front fenders, above the karmann badge. these following items were all covered in REAL leather (not vinyl) and were color matched to the car:
shift knob
shift boot
e-brake handle
door armrests/handles
all covered in leather, matching the car's color.
the '91 Etienne Aigner edition was probably the most "luxurious" cabby offered. they came standard with all,options cruise, a/c, power windows, airbag, etc.
only options were power tops and heated seats. (ive never seen a EA with heated seats tho)
for those of you who dont know, Etienne Aigner is a Italian fashion designer...they make expensive clothing, shoes, handbags, etc. and their logo is a little gold Horse Shoe.
Kammy feel free to correct me if im wrong..im sure i may missed something
hope this helps.. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
can we get someone to put some good Etienne Aigner cabby pics up? i dont have any..

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Re: Etienne Aigner Edition (jordanvw)

Couldn't find Cabby pics, but found etienne aigner shoes:

Edit: Kam, mayby you can put one of these shoes on you web site - I am serius.

Modified by Cab42 at 4:17 PM 11-6-2004

·
Registered
26 Posts

Jordanvw,
You are dead on with all items, I have nothing to add.
I own two, one in Mangrove green and one in the Pearl blue. The green car does have the matching green carpeting, the blue one has dark blue carpeting. My green car is a 3 speed auto and the other is a stick.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

PRODUCTION NUMBERS:
A total of 2951 Etienne Aigner Edition VW Cabriolets were built worldwide. This divides up into:
- "Midnight Blue Pearl Effect": 1201
- "Bordeaux Pearl Effect": 752
- "Mangrove Green Metallic": 998
American market figures:
- "Midnight Blue Pearl Effect": 422
- "Bordeaux Pearl Effect": 399
- "Mangrove Green Metallic": 639
Total: 1460.
809 of which were manual stick shift, 651 automatic.
=====================================
COLOR CODES:
- "Midnight Blue Pearl Effect": LC5U
- "Bordeaux Pearl Effect": LC3Y
- "Mangrove Green Metallic": LK6P
=====================================
And now something about other Etienne Aigner items.
Etienne Aigner "Fresno" Bucket:

It comes also in black
, blue
, camel
, and pink
It is made of soft, lightweight leather. It has two open compartments with center zippered compartment, magnetic center snap closure, brushed silver hardware and logo, and sdjustable shoulder strap.
And just a photo of an Etienne Aigner wallet:

And a cellphone case that matches "Bordeaux Pearl Effect" Etienne Aigner Cabriolet:

Modified by Cab42 at 7:41 PM 11-7-2004

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Re: Etienne Aigner Edition (Cab42)

Quote, originally posted by Cab42 »

alex you ROCK!
almost as much as kammy
too bad Etienne Aigner doesnt make sneakers i'd be all over them..my pair of Vans are wearin out

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

Midnight Blue Pearl Effect:

Bordeaux Pearl Effect:

Mangrove Green Metallic:

Modified by Cab42 at 1:52 AM 11-7-2004

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

Etienne Aigner Mangrove Green Metallic Volkswagen Cabriolet

Interior details:

Modified by Cab42 at 11:42 AM 11-7-2004

·
Registered
3,322 Posts

nice work alex http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
so i guess those are the fender decals...
did the green ones really have gold wheels???

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

According to VW brochure (that is made for German market though), green Etienne Aigner does have gold wheels, and also matching gold decals.

·
Registered
18,222 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Cab42 »
Edit: Kam, mayby you can put one of these shoes on you web site - I am serius.

I don't know about the apparel, but I'll certainly add those stats! That's awesome! Where'd you find all that info?!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Re: Etienne Aigner Edition (kamzcab86)

Quote, originally posted by kamzcab86 »
I don't know about the apparel, but I'll certainly add those stats! That's awesome! Where'd you find all that info?!

Stats are Volkswagen data. As accurate as it gets. I'll tell you later on how to get that, don;t have time now...

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

Basically, there are several ways to obtain similar stats:
1) Getting to know somebody at VWoA. The downside is that data may be only for USA.
2) Getting to know somebody at VW in Germany. The downside is language, distance, etc. Data will be more complete.
3) Contacting a company called Karmann (http://www.karmann.de).
4) Calling/e-mailing a museum in Wolfsburg (http://automuseum.volkswagen.de).
Edit: Of course, before taking one of these steps, the internet should be checked for possibility that data is already public.

Modified by Cab42 at 2:02 PM 11-8-2004

·
Registered
18,222 Posts

So you know people in high places, is that what you're tellin' me?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Re: Etienne Aigner Edition (kamzcab86)

Quote, originally posted by kamzcab86 »
So you know people in high places, is that what you're tellin' me?

It doesn't have to be high place.
Even salesman at dealership may be able to collect great info, coz people are talking between themselves about VW stuff all the time there, etc., and whoever is insider have much better chance than outsider....
If it doesn't work with one guy, just go to another, third, etc., until you meet the right one.... something like that...
For example, I almost had phobia of those people in dealersheeps that work with parts. But now I finally came accross a guy who is interested in knowing such data, etc....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts