VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get the pieces that attach the Euro bumpers to the sides of the body and also the black rubber strip that fits in the groove of the bumpers? (scirocco II)

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
Re: Euro bumper mounts (JoshmkII)

My Euro bumpers don't attach to the side of the body like the US bumpers since they're much shorter. Furthermore, the Euro bumpers don't have a rolled trim strip - they're simply moulded black plastic. IIRC the US bumpers had a rolled trim strip in them although I don't remember what colour - on the GTi the strip was red, on the GL it was chrome.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Euro bumper mounts (mgyip)

I just got a brand new set of Euro Bumpers from Germany in the original VW dealer box. There is a groove in the bumper cover for a trim strip ( just like the American counterpart). I have a set of Euro bumpers on my Scirocco now, that I got from Scotland that came with small plastic side supports on the rear bumper ( I guess I should have clarified that in my original post) just like the American bumpers but are considerably smaller. The side bumper mounts fit into the holes in the rear 1/4 panel and support the sides of the rear bumper. I'll be taking the old set of Euro Bumpers off to install the new ones (after painting) and I 'll take a pic of the part I'm talking about and post it, the dealer shows them on the Ekta CD but says they aren't available. Good set of Euro Bumpers for sale soon..............for cheap.

[Modified by rocconaut, 5:34 PM 5-31-2002]

[Modified by rocconaut, 5:38 PM 5-31-2002]

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Re: Euro bumper mounts (DriversFound.com)

Potterman at Virtual World can get the trim strip. Cheaper than the dealer. The side thingies for the euro bumpers I haven't heard of; I bought a set from Virtual World and they were not included. A picture of them would be interesting. How much are you selling the bumpers for?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Euro bumper mounts (SII16V)

$200...you pay shipping. The 1st pic shows the bumper with the mount as well as the 3rd pic. The second pic shows it without.

[Modified by rocconaut, 7:43 PM 5-31-2002]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.