VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: (nastybags)

Quote, originally posted by nastybags »
i am not doughting its better than ours,but from the picture i cant make it out???i mean i see the bottle opener,but where are the cup holders

Uh... The bottle opener is the division for the cupholders. Put a "cup" on each side of it... The bottle opener clicks into various points to make one side larger (the other smaller), and also "lay" on the bottom where the cutout is.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: Euro cupholder (gsantarelli1)

It's a great cupholder, but remember, once you install the euro cupholder, you lose the special redbull holder.
You gotta love how well a rebdull fits in the little middle section of the NA cupholders.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Re: (VWYankee)

Neat idea with the multitask bottle opener, but when was the last time you had to open a bottle with one of those??? Maybe it should have been a flashlight instead..or something.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: (ibijo)

Quote, originally posted by ibijo »
Neat idea with the multitask bottle opener, but when was the last time you had to open a bottle with one of those??? Maybe it should have been a flashlight instead..or something.

Believe it or not, I've used the bottle opener more than I've used my LED flashlight (in the glovebox) since installing the Euro cupholders. It's very handy, and a cool conversation piece. I don't drink the jump in the car do drive or anything, but do hang out with some friends having a brew or two after work at a park either doing some photography, playing horseshoes or something similar.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
this thing is a major pain to install... luckily for me the dealdership did it for free...

i have the bottle opener for sale if anyone wants it... i have no use for it...
this cupholder is a must have though, IMO... it was my first mod...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Re: (Diesel GLI)

Quote, originally posted by Diesel GLI »
this thing is a major pain to install... luckily for me the dealdership did it for free...

i have the bottle opener for sale if anyone wants it... i have no use for it...
this cupholder is a must have though, IMO... it was my first mod...

How did you pull off getting them to do it for free?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

Quote, originally posted by VWYankee »

That's what I went by. The rear part of our consoles are different from the pics (as that's a Euro Golf), so a few screws are in different places, but it's still very helpful.

Were you the one who had pics of your install (the console taken apart)??

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: (gsantarelli1)

Quote, originally posted by gsantarelli1 »
Were you the one who had pics of your install (the console taken apart)??

The name matches on the linked thread above.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

Well, I might as well hard wire the power for my XM Roady2 while the entire inside of my car is apart

How long did the entire operation take, from start to finish?

Modified by gsantarelli1 at 6:13 AM 1-13-2006

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Re: (dfwvw)

thanks for taking the time to post all of that!!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.