VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few friends running euro front plates but they just recently put them on. I was kicking the idea around but can't afford to get pulled over for some stupid crap. Are the cops pretty hard on them or what?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Re: Euro front plates?????? Anyone getting pulled over for them?? (THE red rocket)

Andy, you've seen by Red Jetta. I have had the German plates on the car for around a year and no problems yet. On my old MkI I got one fix-it ticket in 10 years of having them on the car. If it's an issue just run your CA plate on top of the Euro or put the CA plate in the front window. Quick on and Off when you need it.

Ben
(RotorBG)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Re: Euro front plates?????? Anyone getting pulled over for them?? (THE red rocket)

No, they won't likely pull you over for it. But if they pull you over for speeding and happen to notice it, it will be a fix it ticket. It's just like window tint, you will only be hassled about it if you did something else that gave the cop a reason to pull you over.
And putting your legal CALIFORNIA plate on the dash below the windshield isn't going to help cause thats illegal too.
I've had mine on for 4 months and the only cop to hassle me is my dad.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Re: Euro front plates?????? Anyone getting pulled over for them?? (_GoatPunishment_)

Hey, Chris! Come to think of it, the plate in the window thing didn't work for very long.

Ben
(RotorBG)

·
Registered
10,863 Posts

I've been runnin mine for well over a year and No hastle.
Well except for the one time at the street races when the cop pulled me over because "That plate isn't legal in this country." He let me go cause his partner liked the Rental Car White jetta.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re: Euro front plates?????? Anyone getting pulled over for them?? (hman)

I've had a German plate on my old Karman Ghia for at least 5 years and never had a problem, and I've had a German plate on my Golf for about a year or so. I just got pulled over for the first time in the Golf, (got it in May '00) coming home from Mammoth. The only reasons he pulled me over was for the plate and for tint, no speeding. My tint isn't even that dark. Its lighter than my back windows. Well it is only a fix-it ticket, but its a pain in the arse! I just wonder how much it will cost me.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Re: Euro front plates?????? Anyone getting pulled over for them?? (jb18t)

just put on the plate...
you wont get pulled over for it... if you do it wont be that often to hurt your pocket...
ticket only costs $10

·
Registered
623 Posts
Re: Euro front plates?????? Anyone getting pulled over for them?? (AfgVwRacer)

i got a set of plates from rotorBG,
i have a Euro plate on front by its self, and on bakc i have my cali plate on top of the other ero plate.
in my honda i was pulled over for not having a plate in the front.
i think you should be just fine, the cops only seem to hassle guys in honda's with no plate or a japanese plate, trust me i know all my buddies have been pulled over for sporting osaka.
thanx ben for the deal on the plates

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Re: Euro front plates?????? Anyone getting pulled over for them?? ([626]RIP_JDM_EF9)

!!!No Schweat!!!
Since then I have picked up a couple of nice matched sets from Dortmund and Unna!!!!! Blue flash and an Older White only. I know one came off a Golf and the other off an Audi
Ben
(RotorBG)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Re: Euro front plates?????? Anyone getting pulled over for them?? (RotorBG)

Oh man, you guys should come down to San Diego and roll around for a while. The cops will have you pulled over in an instant. It sucks down here. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
Re: Euro front plates?????? Anyone getting pulled over for them?? (Corrado_g60)

It's all luck i think. About a mounth ago was driving with no right fender and no hood for about 2 weeks and now im rolling around with no drivers side headlight no front plate no taillights. i have Passed many cops in the daytime and the night. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif So it's all luck i guess.

·
Banned
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Euro front plates?????? Anyone getting pulled over for them?? (DieselDemon)

Cool, thanks guys. I think I'll wait, my license tends to come and go too much
to worry about getting pulled for euro plates and getting my car towed for suspended license or something. Its bad enough that I don't have a front plate (Arizone only gives rears) and am always worring about that.
hey Ben, I was at your work yesterday and today http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif always about 10 AM
Oh by the way my friend picked up "WOB" plates....Wolfsburg http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by THE red rocket at 2:14 AM 5-8-2003

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

One of these days when you come by, set it up so your there around lunch. I'll buy!
Out Here!
Ben
(RotorBG)

·
Banned
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Euro front plates?????? Anyone getting pulled over for them?? (RotorBG)

What time do you take lunch? I can lag a little but gotta get my ass to Thousand Oaks!! I'm off friday,saturday and sunday.......we can do it on a friday. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

I can take lunch from between 11:00 and about 1:00. Fridays are Ok as long as we're not having meetings!! There a good Sandwich shop just a few blocks away. ("Paul's Deli") It's Quick and good.
Later!
Ben

·
Registered
1,836 Posts

i think i just depends where you're at...I've been running my euro plates for over a year and had no problems....knock on wood...
last night at the G2G though, cops were checkn all the euro_plates!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.