VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
How exactly do these work? do your install these before you have broken adjusters? or can you have broken adjusters and you put these on... and it fixes the problem? do you have to open the headlights.... need more info. All 3 sets of my oem hid's have 1 or 2 adjusters broken on both lights. so i might be group buying 3 of these :D

·
Banned
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How exactly do these work? do your install these before you have broken adjusters? or can you have broken adjusters and you put these on... and it fixes the problem? do you have to open the headlights.... need more info. All 3 sets of my oem hid's have 1 or 2 adjusters broken on both lights. so i might be group buying 3 of these :D
these completely replace the oe adjuster. so its not a preventative thing, its a total replacement. Installation is pretty straight forward, remove all the old adjuster components, install the sleeve from the kit drill a small hole to secure the sleeve.. then thread in the new adjuster and aim.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Just received my adjusters

No instructions. How do you remove the OE adjuster and install your adjuster?
Do I have to remove the headlight from the car?
Great quality on the adjusters. :thumbup:
Can't wait to see these at work:popcorn:

·
Banned
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No instructions. from up further on this thread: "Installation is pretty straight forward, remove all the old adjuster components, install the sleeve from the kit drill a small hole to secure the sleeve.. then thread in the new adjuster and aim. "
How do you remove the OE adjuster and install your adjuster? there is a clip that holds the screw section of the oem adjuster in place, remove that and then unscrew the adjuster, although if your oe one isnt broken i do not see a reason to pull it off
Do I have to remove the headlight from the car? it will make things alot easier to install esp when it comes to the set screw holes
Great quality on the adjusters. :thumbup:
Can't wait to see these at work:popcorn:
:beer::beer:

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Instructions have been posted in this thread twice. :beer:
It's still vague, you should post Detailed Instructions with pictures. The adjusters on my OEM HIDs are all good, so before I consider buying this and "removing" the good adjustors and ruining them, I would really like to see instructions with pictures. I am sure that others in my position feels the same before performing surgery on the perfectly good and very expensive OEM HIDs.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts