VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
Iv seen most of you on this forum have Euro plates. My brother had a Euro plate for his saab that said Saab 9-3 he got a ticket for having it on even though his actual plate was in the window. What is the law i guess with those plates, iv heard if u keep ur original plate in the window its okay but in my brothers case it didnt help and iv heard that if you get a plate you have to get ur original number put on??
Any idea

· Registered
14,540 Posts
Re: Euro Plates (CorradoSLCVR6)

it's illegal even if you have your US plate somewhere else.
it's illegal even if your euro plate has your US plate number on it.
the rules of euro plates:
if you're going to run one, leave your US plate off.
i ran euro plate only for 1 year before being pulled over for it...

· Registered
948 Posts
Re: Euro Plates (ButchHusky)

Yeah I ran mine since ive owned my C for almost 2yrs and about two months ago I got pulled over for the first time by a CHP just as I made it off the Vincent Thomas bridge in the LA port by San Pedro. He let me go, said it was neat and all but that I have to get my original one back on. He warned me that next time he would write me and that it was undismissable(cant fight it , got to pay). I couldnt believe it, I mean I live in Long Beach, tons of cops-->strict too and they always notice cuz it just says Corrado
but they havent pull me over till this day. I still have it on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.