VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Euro-plate and was wondering if a euro rub strip would fit on my car. I live in Ohio, so the dealer drilled two big holes in the front of my stock one. If it wouldn't fit, how would I install my plate on my factory bumper? I also have the frame that fits my plate.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Re: EURO RUB STRIP!! (Jman5000)

Quote, originally posted by Jman5000 »
...a US Golf that is.
European front rub strips will not fit US bumpers.

yup jman5000 summed it up. a eurorub stirp won't fit onto a na golf bumper. you gotta buy a euro bumper to put a euro stirp on. i had the same problem you did, so i just bought a bmp rub strip off another vortexer

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: EURO RUB STRIP!! (redlinin)

so does anybody make a rub strip that will fit on a us bumper? cause i covered my two holes with black tape but it looks tacky, and i also want to get rid of my side markers without buying a new bumper.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: EURO RUB STRIP!! (euromonster)

Quote, originally posted by euromonster »
so does anybody make a rub strip that will fit on a us bumper? cause i covered my two holes with black tape but it looks tacky, and i also want to get rid of my side markers without buying a new bumper.

Yes, somebody does. Volkswagen of Anywhere But the US.
If you get a European bumper, you'll have to live with a 14" notch in the front for European license plates.
A Japanese strip will fit on a European bumper, but it will have a smaller notch for plates as well.
Get a new US strip and paint your sidemarkers.
Sourcing European or Japanese bumpers/strips...hit the Vortex directory.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Re: EURO RUB STRIP!! (VEEDUBN20TH)

The dealer i bought my car from did the same thing. I just bought a new rub strip from the dealer, had it painted and installed. the dealer drills the holes in just before you pick up the car.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Re: EURO RUB STRIP!! (mesuky22)

Quote, originally posted by mesuky22 »
The dealer i bought my car from did the same thing. I just bought a new rub strip from the dealer, had it painted and installed. the dealer drills the holes in just before you pick up the car.

How much did you pay for the strip + paint, if you don't mind me asking?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts