VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Any luck?? Because am experiencing the same problem .every day Five minutes before sunset the lights turns on by itself and the car is locked at the garage
Ahmed: hmmm.... odd that 2 x people are experiencing this. Do you have access to a VCDS cable? If so, do you know how to make an adaptation channel map of the BCM (in .CSV format)?

Don

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ahmed: hmmm.... odd that 2 x people are experiencing this. Do you have access to a VCDS cable? If so, do you know how to make an adaptation channel map of the BCM (in .CSV format)?

Don
I have Vcds cable (clone Chinese ) but I don’t know how to do that ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any luck?? Because am experiencing the same problem
The only luck I've had is that I haven't seen it happening anymore. I went as far as setting up an external camera that tracks motion (to pick up lights coming on) and haven't had it happen since I last posted on here.

Going back to Don's fob comment, I do have a bigger battery in my fob (C2032, I believe) instead of the standard battery (C2025?). Based on others, this bigger battery works and lasts much longer. However, it does put some pressure on the cap and it makes me wonder if it creates unwanted fob transmission. Just a thought. Don't think this is the issue.

Anyways, will continue to monitor via motion tracking and report back if the problem persists.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My issue that’s the car turne on the city lights even if the car is off and locked at the same time every day 5 min before sun set and stay in for 7 mins and turns off by it’s self .. it supposed to turn on the same time but when the car is running not off and locked.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
The only luck I've had is that I haven't seen it happening anymore. I went as far as setting up an external camera that tracks motion (to pick up lights coming on) and haven't had it happen since I last posted on here.

Going back to Don's fob comment, I do have a bigger battery in my fob (C2032, I believe) instead of the standard battery (C2025?). Based on others, this bigger battery works and lasts much longer. However, it does put some pressure on the cap and it makes me wonder if it creates unwanted fob transmission. Just a thought. Don't think this is the issue.

Anyways, will continue to monitor via motion tracking and report back if the problem persists.
hmm........ don't discount your suggestion too soon. Of course I'm just guessing, but if you look at the fob construction it consists of the button cell that sits over a small PCB board which contains the electronics. The PCB board then sits over "indents" (I can't remember how many) on the back of the fob cover so that the board is slightly suspended.

It's entirely feasible that the increased pressure from the fob cap causes the bigger battery to flex the PC board sufficiently to produce the weird effects that you have observed. If this is correct, it also explains why placing the fob in a tin box (Faraday cadge) stops the lights from switching-on (because even-though the bigger battery has caused the fob to operate, the switch -on signal is shielded by the tin box)

Don

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
My issue that’s the car turne on the city lights even if the car is off and locked at the same time every day 5 min before sun set and stay in for 7 mins and turns off by it’s self .. it supposed to turn on the same time but when the car is running not off and locked.
Ahmed: The module that manages city-light behavior is range-control @ hex55. If you post-up a channel map of the module (I assume you have VCDS), I'll take a look at your settings

Don

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok I will try to do it . But first want you to know that I have aftermarket euro switch with sensor from AliExpress cos my car came with no auto light switch

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I have aftermarket euro switch with sensor from AliExpress cos my car came with no auto light switch
hmmm........ yes that's a very useful piece of information that changes the context of my understanding of the problem !! ;).

If it's the same euro-switch that I'm thinking about - the light sensor piggy-backs off the rear of the switch and it is entirely different to the OEM sensor which attaches to the windshield.

Given the unique nature of your problem and this new information, it's almost certain that the fault is related to this euro-switch/light-sensor arrangement IMO.

Don

21 - 30 of 30 Posts