VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just bought and installed a eurodyne powertap on my MKVII GTI, wondering if the same hardware would work on my MKVI Jetta, assuming I bought sufficient credits from eurodyne.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi,

Just bought and installed a eurodyne powertap on my MKVII GTI, wondering if the same hardware would work on my MKVI Jetta, assuming I bought sufficient credits from eurodyne.
I believe the Powertap is VIN-locked unless you unmarry it, similar to the Cobb Accesport. also the MK6 Jetta is unlikely to be on the same ECU as the MK7 MQB GTI so it likely would not work on a Jetta anyway. Eurodyne's website/customer support would likely have that information readily available ("Powertap is compatible with the following vehicles:")

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

Considering nothing else is directly transferrable, I highly doubt it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

You can purchase a second license for a second car and use the existing cable....just send Tapp an email . Or you always could ...I am a dealer for them but have not had any requests for this in a while so it may have changed but I am sure its still the same .

·
Registered
2013 Audi A3 2.0Tq 2013 Audi TT-S
1,516 Posts
I believe the Powertap is VIN-locked unless you unmarry it,
I think only HPA (OnePort) and Unitronic (Uniconnect) are like that. Eurodyne explicitly says you can use their device on more than one vehicle--you just need to purchase "credits" for that vehicle/tune to use it. Same thing with IE--can use their Powerlink cable on up to 5 vehicles I think it was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts