VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Re: european headlights install (corradoian)

if you want to stick with stock wiring i believe there is a stock Euro plug/wire that goes from your wires to the lights. I think Niko was selling it.
Mike

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Re: european headlights install (corradoian)

not hard
you can run them with or without relays
I been running mine without relays for 2 years now, no problems just not as bright as cars with the relays installed, but still briter than US-spec lights
if you get the actual plug that plugs into the back of them than you just clip off the stock plug for the headlight and signal wire from the parking light and spice them together, pretty straight forward. thats with out the relays
with the relays you have to create a wiring harness to supply direct power from the batary to the relay, ground all of the relays and such. still not to bad though.
I currently in the process of building a wiring harness for the euro lights using 4 relays and wiring up the automatic headlight adjusters.
I using all stinger wire and stereo style blocks, getting deep and very expensive. My lights should be really bright then.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Re: european headlights install (mick_vain)

Just make sure you undo that third screw before you go yanking your old ones out or CRACK !

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: european headlights install (YetiMan)

i havent got the chance to install them yet.. waiting for this guy to install it.. i been waiting for these lights for the longest time and now there here and there sitting on my desk
but ill make sure i unscrew the third screw thanks for the help guys http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: european headlights install (Aus Der Haken)

A guy who works on systems and what not he does hid setups and all other stuff so hes pretty good with what hes doing.. hes just too backed up with work so i guess i have no choice but to wait.. dont trust anyone with this.. cost me 400 for the damn lights hope they go on soooooooon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts