JE Pins and Premium Ring set, End Gap set
Eurospec Sport H-Beam Rods with ARP hardware
New Cast Crankshaft
Main Bearings- German High-Performance
Rod Bearings- German High-Performance
Eurospec Main Bearing Girdle w/ Oil Scraper Installed
ARP Main Bearing Studs
Special 2.0 Liter Steel Head Gasket

any comments on this or any does or don't ?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Re: eurospec 2.0 turbo (roi)

Well Eurospec has not been known for quality parts, peices that don't fit, rods that snap, leaking oil, and half ass turbo upgrades...
I'm sure there are a few people around here that can tell you first hand experiences...

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Re: eurospec 2.0 turbo (WindnWar)

Quote, originally posted by WindnWar »
Well Eurospec has not been known for quality parts, peices that don't fit, rods that snap, leaking oil, and half ass turbo upgrades...
I'm sure there are a few people around here that can tell you first hand experiences...

Eurospecs products are generally not of the highest quality, figure you will have to spend a decent amount on work to the engine still.
Someone in my area bought a 2.0 block from them, and they had to rebuild almost the entire motor, the clearances were all wrong...

·
Banned
12,338 Posts
Re: eurospec 2.0 turbo (WindnWar)

Quote, originally posted by WindnWar »
Momentum Tuning has this block in their rwd golf 2 and eurospec used na-wrist pins. needless to say the motor went boom http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Banned
2,672 Posts
Re: eurospec 2.0 turbo (ButteroJ)

so thats two horor stories...
here is a positive story...
wide open runs the 2.0L eurospec setup...
491whp... enough to turn 3rd gear into a washer... aka strip all the teeth.
if the motor is still kick'n there is your success story... the only one i can think of.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: eurospec 2.0 turbo (1.8T3t04e)

at least one good story http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,972 Posts
Re: eurospec 2.0 turbo (ButteroJ)

eurospec is a company thats known to TRY to build hard to find items for VW's that are not made by other companies. Alot of thier parts are unique, cool, and original.
Bad side is they cost alot of money, and since they kind of pioneer the parts some have quality issues.
thats my take at least.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts

Quote, originally posted by roi »
bump for more

don't. Assuming you already have a 1.8T the best you can hope for is 10% HP gain, with reduced reliabilty. No way I would trust that short block without disassembling it first.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: eurospec 2.0 turbo (bobqzzi)

Quote, originally posted by bobqzzi »

don't. Assuming you already have a 1.8T the best you can hope for is 10% HP gain, with reduced reliabilty. No way I would trust that short block without disassembling it first.

When you have 300whp like I have getting 10% is not to bad

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Re: eurospec 2.0 turbo (speed51133!)

Quote, originally posted by speed51133! »
eurospec is a company thats known to TRY to build hard to find items for VW's that are not made by other companies. Alot of thier parts are unique, cool, and original.
Bad side is they cost alot of money, and since they kind of pioneer the parts some have quality issues.
thats my take at least.

Roi, watch out for what Mike says.
The risk of being a guinny pig is just not worth all the effort of getting the block all the way over from States-Side.
Guys: Bump for more information to Roi and our local team here trying to get a reliable motor for the power.
Please post recommendation for a reliable VW engine builder to get everything Spot-On.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts

Quote, originally posted by roi »
I am about to get the 2.0t short block from eurospec it includes:

New Engine Block
JE Forged Pistons 9.0:1
JE Pins and Premium Ring set, End Gap set
Eurospec Sport H-Beam Rods with ARP hardware
New Cast Crankshaft
Main Bearings- German High-Performance
Rod Bearings- German High-Performance
Eurospec Main Bearing Girdle w/ Oil Scraper Installed
ARP Main Bearing Studs
Special 2.0 Liter Steel Head Gasket

any comments on this or any does or don't ?

We should start a poll ...
How long that thing lasts before it's not worth a piss! http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts