VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
well its a solid lifter head which is good because they dont make them anymore. It looks like it has stock size valves, and a cam with a good amount of lift but not a ton of duration, maybe an autotech 288? Also looks like its been running pretty lean lol

·
Registered
688 Posts
well its a solid lifter head which is good because they dont make them anymore. It looks like it has stock size valves, and a cam with a good amount of lift but not a ton of duration, maybe an autotech 288? Also looks like its been running pretty lean lol
I do not know what cam is in it, lol how much do think just this head alone is worth?
Thanks

·
Registered
812 Posts
Pls add me to the list. Just received my Eurospec solid lifter 42/35 head in the mail today!!!

It will sit on top of my freshly built 2.0 ABA block with forced induction provided by Peter Tong's twin screw setup.

My current set ('83 GTI, fresh ABA block, hydro head, g60 cam, lysholm charger, megasquirt, restrictive exhaust with cat) resulted in 180 wtq and 160 whp with 12.0 afr. Hopefully the Eurospec head and more aggressive cam will help produce even more power. Time will tell.

I'll report back once the new head is bolted up and I have it back on the dyno.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Funny- Just found this thread- I've had mine since 1996! Still running great- It has had two valve jobs - I think the seats/sleeves slipped once. I had the full Eurospec long block installed (back when i was young and dumb with credit cards :) )

Never put it on a dyno - but i'm guessing 140-150hp? ??

161 - 180 of 182 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.