VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered it from parts4vws and they never asked me for a size or anything...just for the year and model and engien fo my car....i received my exhuast and started to cut my stock one off then when i go to put my resonator onto the cat and the pipes are the same size, so then we tried to make the pipe to the resonator bigger and the cat smaller by cutting it and bending it in....but after 7 long hours of tryign to get it to fit we gave up and started to call parts4vws just to know they dont liek to answer their phone. so now i have to wait to the goddamn week just to get ahodl of them and probally wait another 2 weeks for a new exhuast to come if they even send me another and this sucks i dont have a car now!
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Re: EuroSport Exhaust not fitting (punkindrublic843)

Maybe a little late, you could use these.

or these

Jegs has them.

·
Banned
7,560 Posts
Re: EuroSport Exhaust not fitting (vwtoys)

I like his idea of getting the right friggin exhaust system to fit his car, instead of "rigging" the incorrect exhaust he got to fit...and yes, your first clue should have been when they didnt even ask the size you needed...
sorry to hear about your problems though....

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Re: EuroSport Exhaust not fitting (PDXGTI8V)

I also like the idea of proper fitting exhaust. My first Gillet exhaust was sold to us with the wrong diameter. We had to drive to Neuspeed to exhange the resonator as well. Luckily they put it up on a lift and replaced the right pieces. That was 11 years ago.
There should be 2 cat sizes, 50mm or 55mm, if that helps any.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts

Quote, originally posted by vwtoys »
50mm or 55mm, if that helps any.

If the cat is OE. I swapped out my cat with a 2.25" (57.15 mm), so I had to go to a muff shop and have 'em slightly expand the resonator inlet. It took about 5 minutes and $5. The mod worked just fine.

·
Banned
5,705 Posts

I also like the idea of proper fitting exhaust. My first Gillet exhaust was sold to us with the wrong diameter. We had to drive to Neuspeed to exhange the resonator as well. Luckily they put it up on a lift and replaced the right pieces. That was 11 years ago.
There should be 2 cat sizes, 50mm or 55mm, if that helps any.

3 cat sizes 45 50 and 55. early golf and jetta gl's with the GX motor had 45 mm cats.

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Re: EuroSport Exhaust not fitting (Pred)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif missed the 45mm
he has a 92 GTI, so I think it's either 50 or 55mm

·
Banned
5,705 Posts
92 should be a 55 no matter if its a 8v or 16v. I could really care less about cats... mine car in 8 days won't have one any more

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Re: (Pred)

Umm, did anyone realize he said they were the same size? Therefore, its the RIGHT sized exhaust, but you gotta either weld it together, or clamp it, thats just how its done.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Re: (Pred)

Quote, originally posted by Pred »
I could really care less about cats... mine car in 8 days won't have one any more

Plus, it's off topic.
BTW, mine car? What is THAT? Mine layer? Mine sweeper?

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Re: (lil' Stumpy)

Quote »
Umm, did anyone realize he said they were the same size? Therefore, its the RIGHT sized exhaust, but you gotta either weld it together, or clamp it, thats just how its done.

Umm, no. It's designed as a "slip fit", so the resonator inlet should slide over cat exit pipe.
Plus, how can one clamp it together if they're the exact same size?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (niels_dale)

yea u can see whre it shoudl slip over it but where its supposed to be bigger its the same size then it gets smaller again

·
Registered
10,616 Posts

Quote, originally posted by niels_dale »

Plus, how can one clamp it together if they're the exact same size?

I believe the second clamps from the ones I posted above would work in this situation.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Re: (vwtoys)

I believe the second clamps from the ones I posted above would work in this situation.

You are correct. Or, a variation on the 1st one where it'd be "female" ends on both sides. IMHO, it'd be cleaner to just have the resonator inlet expanded a bit.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

so u guys thnk it would be better to get an adapter....even though i kinda mesed up my cat pipe and my new resonator pipe tryign to expand it....u think they would exchange it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: (punkindrublic843)

I have a 92 GTI and I had the same problem with the installation of the Eurosport 2.25 cat-back exhaust system. You need to take it to a muffler shop and get the pipe expanded. This is the only way to Make" the exhaust system fit on your car properly. Another thing to consider is a few chain exhaust hangers from Eurosport. My exhasut after a few weeks settled on the cross beam in the rear of my car. The raddling was annoying as hell!!!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (lil' Stumpy)

wow i go 55mm resonator and it still didnt fit...got it wider at a muffler shop and i STILL CANT GET IT TO FIT so now i have to take it to a shop and it get done.....god this thing sucks

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Re: (punkindrublic843)

You got a new Eurosport resonator in 3 days? Unless you hadn't tried installing it, I wouldn't think they'd swap it out for you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts