VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
927 Posts
Re: Euroswitch LED help!!!! (TheGreasyJap)

Mine works, I didn't use those instructions, but I did the exact same thing. Check your solder connections on the jumper wire, make sure it's good. You can get "cold solder joints" they LOOK like it's soldered, but there's usually a gap of flux/resin/air between the solder and the board, make sure the connections are solid, and if necessary, re-flow the solder to these. Also, make sure the polarity of the LED is correct. If it's a blue/violet LED, they use more current, so you'll need to change one of the resistors. If it's red, amber, green, then it SHOULD be working. If you didn't solder correctly/messed up the PCB, try cleaning it with rubbing alochol and a paper towel, some people use penil erasers to clean up the contacts before soldering... If you physically burned the board, or destroyed the etching, then you'll need to run a jumper wire to where the layout used to go. Dunno what else to tell ya.
Mine works. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
927 Posts

Jumper wire=piece of wire, with each end stripped, just connect to a different spot on the board. (if the original solder points are completely trashed) But you almost have to TRY to mess up most PCBs, it's not likely it's trashed.

· Registered
451 Posts
Re: Euroswitch LED help!!!! (Big-GTI-Guy)

Quote, originally posted by Big-GTI-Guy »
Mine works, I didn't use those instructions, but I did the exact same thing.
Mine works. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Where did you guys get your LED's? What size should i get?

· Registered
116 Posts
Re: Euroswitch LED help!!!! (JGunther27)

I got my LEDs from the surplus box of a friend, but that doesn't help you. You want a T1 (3mm) LED of the appropriate color (yellow, green, etc. Blue won't work without other mods). Just about any electronic supply place should carry them, but Radio Shack doesn't.

· Registered
27 Posts
Re: Euroswitch LED help!!!! (DanB35)

Radio shack does have the 3mm led, but only a red colored one in a 2pack. If you want a green/yellow one, you need to get thier led pack with multiple leds and colors. Cheaper to get elsewhere.

· Banned
4,082 Posts

Make sure the intensity/brightness of the new LEDs will match the current ones on the switch. I have bought some and they were a lot brighter ...
By the way, if anyone wants the LED mod done or need help, please email me and I'll be glad to help.

Depending on which euroswitch you buy, you won't be able to add the rear fog LED, so make sure you get the right switch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.