VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
26,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a euroswitch... it has the extra "auto" setting on it. It has the front and rear fog postions and left to right are:
off -> auto -> parking -> headlights
1K0 941 431 A REH
I know there's one without the auto setting, too. I just don't have that p/n handy. This was spawned cause I didn't see it in the MKV faq.

·
Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
26,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Euroswitch Part Numbers (svander)

^^^
Yup!
I need to lookup the p/n of the other popular one that doesn't have the auto setting.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
1K0 941 431 C REH (no auto setting, made in Portugal)
I was just too lazy to walk my a$$ out to my car earlier.

Holy poopy pants...svander is a mod now too?!? Nice work bud. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif When do I get to jump on the band wagon?

Modified by PBRme at 10:25 PM 1-12-2006

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: (PBRme)

Quote, originally posted by PBRme »

Holy poopy pants...svander is a mod now too?!? Nice work bud. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif When do I get to jump on the band wagon?

Perhaps Brian could track these part numbers, and post then in the FAQ?

I must be tired, that last bit about Brian is mine...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Re: (svander)

So if you get this Euroswitch, then your parking lights become enabled? I'm alittle confused which lights can be turned on and which lights do what?
I searched and found a post on here for the GLI lights(xenons) but I have a 2.5 and was wondering if someone could explain this for my car.
Thanks

·
Banned
19,340 Posts
Re: (PBRme)

Quote, originally posted by PBRme »

That is the same switch I bought!
As for the MOD status...I am finding it very funny that people are becoming MODS out of nowhere...

·
Banned
508 Posts
Re: Euroswitch Part Numbers (syntrix)

Just to let everyone know which ones we carry instock for the MK V.
1K0 941 431 A REH -- (OFF/ AUTO/ SIDE LIGHTS/ HEADLIGHTS/ FRONT FOG/ REAR FOG)
1K0 941 431 C REH -- (OFF/ SIDE LIGHTS/ HEADLIGHTS/ FRONT FOG/ REAR FOG)
1K0 941 431 REH -- (OFF/ AUTO/ SIDE LIGHTS/ HEADLIGHTS/ REAR FOG)
Now these are the ones that we keep in stock if people would like some of the
other variants please let me know I will post up all the possible combinations.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Re: Euroswitch Part Numbers ([email protected])

I'm sorry to keep repeating myself.. but can someone let me know which switch i need to make use of my city lights. I have a 2.5 so i don't have the Xenons but the regular headlights. I am unsure about which lights do which to? which is the DRL's, etc...

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Re: (NYDolfan928)

Quote, originally posted by NYDolfan928 »
What are "auto lights" and what does the 'auto' switch do on the one euro switch?

The headlights are activated based on the ambient lighting--on at dusk, off after sunrise.....

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: Euroswitch Part Numbers (bds06)

Quote, originally posted by bds06 »
I'm sorry to keep repeating myself.. but can someone let me know which switch i need to make use of my city lights. I have a 2.5 so i don't have the Xenons but the regular headlights. I am unsure about which lights do which to? which is the DRL's, etc...

City Lights are dependent upon a trigger wire from the Euro Switch to the J519 controller (I'll edit this with the PIN numbers when I get home). The Side lights/City lights are also known as Parking lights.
1K0 941 431 C REH looks like it will be what you want, equipped with Front and Rear fog selections, or 1K0 941 431 K REH, no fog selection.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
26,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Euroswitch Part Numbers (Tim Birney)

Could also be why after tossing in the euroswitch, I'm getting these codes?
Quote »
01800 - Light Switch (E1)
008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
01314 - Engine Control Module
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: (NYDolfan928)

Quote, originally posted by NYDolfan928 »
What are "auto lights" and what does the 'auto' switch do on the one euro switch?

If you do not have the AUTO Light Sensing Lights now, then the Euro Switch with the AUTO position will not harm your car, you will just have DRLs when the switch is in the AUTO position.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: Euroswitch Part Numbers (syntrix)

Quote, originally posted by syntrix »
Could also be why after tossing in the euroswitch, I'm getting these codes?

Installing a Euro Switch w/AUTO might toss those codes if you do not have the AUTO Light feature, but if you put in a plain vanilla Euro Switch with Fog selections, and no AUTO, I don't see why you would create fault codes. Especially the Engine Code!!!!!!!!!!

Modified by Tim Birney at 3:40 PM 1-13-2006

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: Euroswitch Part Numbers (Tim Birney)

I just installed my Euroswitch from Hillside w/ AUTO last night and I did not get any error codes. I plan on installing a photodiode (like on dash or something) in the near future to get the AUTO functionality. I'm not using the aftermarket mirrors. I just wish I could have DRL when in off position, and city lights in city lights position (no DRL accompanying) w/o having to click the P-brake one click to turn off DRL., In other words I would like to keep DRL and have city lights.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.