VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the genuine euroswitch from senna1.8t a while ago and it's been working fine for couple of months. today i took it out, unplugged it to show a friend. i put it back on, and later realised that when the switch is in the off mode, the low beams and drl come on when the hand break is down. when i switch it into the DRL position, only DRLs come on. when i switch to the low beam (right most setting) it'd be low beams and drl.
can anyone tell me what the hell happened with it? thx.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Re: euroswitch problem (mojof1)

did you even bend or tape up the TFL pin? if not your DRLs will be on regardless.... and the drl's are not the signal running lights.... they are a underpowered low beam.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Re: euroswitch problem (mojof1)

You're confusing City lights with DRL's. The city light is the small offset bulb in the high beam reflector.
It's working properly if you didn't disable the DRL's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all!
Maybe you will can help me to solve my problem.
I've bought a Jetta SE 2.5 2012 in the USA. There was a default headlight switch installed, with only 2 positions - "0" and "Low beam lights". DRL worked fine with that switch. But recently I replaced it with a switch from Aliexpress. It has an Auto mode and a light sensor. But unfortunately my DRL do not work with this new switch nor in Auto mode neither in any other. Low beam light work fine. They turn on when the light sensor does not get enough light, and they turn off when it does.
The problem is that DRL don't work. If I put the default switch back - DRL work as expected.
Maybe I have to make some improvements with VCDS? or with a wire?
Could you please help me to find the sollution? How to make the DRL work with this new switch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts