VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the post couldnt find an answer in search...
I just ordered a Euroswitch --- but ---
I do not want to get rid of my DRL's.

However I do want better control of my front fogs, city, parking, headlights and add a rear fog. Can this all be done while still having DRL's automatically or will I HAVE to manually turn on the DRL's. If I have to manually turn them on, which light source will the DRL's be on? Will this light source be a lower power source still like the current DRL's?
Thx for any help

[Modified by u4ea, 3:14 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Re: Euroswitch question - I seached could not find the answer. (u4ea)

using euroswitch alone doesnt diable the DRL's. to disable the drl's you need to tape over pin marked TFL. since you want to keep drl's then you dont mind that. euroswitch will allow you to have city lights on without the drl, and allow you to setup rear fogs and access them from the euroswitch.
im getting my switch this week, then i will know moire for sure

·
Registered
634 Posts

I have a Euroswitch and still have my DRL's. The Euroswitch does not disable DRL's just by installing it (it doesn't change brightness either). You'd still need to tape the TFL pin if you wanted to disable them, just like with any NA switch.
The additional control the Euroswitch gives is the parking light position, the rear fog position, and the ability to use your fogs (front only or front & rear together) at the parking light position. And as you probably know, you have the same control of the fogs at the headlight position as you do at the parking lights position.
So the short answer is, the Euroswitch will do just what you want, and nothing that you don't want.
Hope this helps!

[Modified by JohnJP27, 3:37 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Euroswitch question - I seached could not find the answer. (JohnJP27)

Thanks all for the help!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Just insalled the Euroswitch works great.
Next rear fogs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.