VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was looking at parts4vws.com and had a question. there are two items i was looking at. one item is labeled "A3 Euro H/L Switch w/Red lighting" the other is labeled "European Foglight/Headlight Switch" does anybody know what the difference is between these two things? the second one that i listed gives a picture and says that you can disconnect your daytime lights too. the first one i said doesn't have a pic and only says that you can run your parking lights w/out your headlights on. the one i want is the euro foglight/headlight switch b/c that had a pic but i don't know if it will fit my 98 gti vr6(a3). does anybody know? Can someone please help me out? i really am not familiar with this stuff at all and i need an answer! thanks in advance! -dan

·
Registered
902 Posts
Re: euroswitch (sublime5254)

they are the same exact switch except the one that says "red lighting" has red leds. the other one has green leds just like the other factory lights. i believe that the red lighting one is used on the new cabrios that have red leds throughout the whole interior. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,422 Posts

remove relay 110 and install metal clip into slots number 3 and 4!
remove 173 on top row, disconnect single yellow wire at a yellow plug connection coming out of back side of relay....about 8 inches back.(eliminates headlights from coming on when parking brake is released, note u will not have a e-brake light anymore, since the relay shuts that off)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: euroswitch (Jetta97GT)

ok cool. also for a 98 gti will i need to buy the dimmer as well as the switch or can i just buy a replacement switch? you know what i mean? are both the dimmer and switch one unit or can i remove the switch w/out removing the dimmer? thanks alot

·
Registered
6,422 Posts

the dimmer is already connected w/the switch, no need to buy a dimmer! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
edit:just pop ur old one out and connect the new one it's that simple! then u must play w/relays!

[Modified by Jetta97GT, 8:49 PM 4-8-2002]

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Re: euroswitch (Lyzic)

ah yes, there is also a variation of the euro switch available that has a levelling control for motors. a friend of mine, (Bora20) has it in his golf. the motors are connected to his hella duals, so when he moves the switch the lights themselves move vertically.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]the gti-library is very helpful but what i have said summarizes what is said in there! so your all set...again good luck![HR][/HR]​
yes, but the library has pictures, which can tell are worth a thousand words

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: euroswitch (Lyzic)

ya but see they sell switches that come with a dimmer and they sell switches that come without a dimmer. so my question is can i just buy one of the switches w/out the dimmer and keep my stock dimmer? ya follow? or do i have to replace the stock dimmer and the stock switch? thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

shoot thats not cool - on parts4vws.com that items on back order... oh man
wait... theres one for 70 bux and one for 120 bux. how do i know which one would fit my a3?

[Modified by sublime5254, 2:08 AM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: euroswitch (JettaGLS)

ok thanks alot... i didn't know which one was the right fit for my car. does the old switch just rip out and then you put the new one in? thanks... and do you disconnect the DRL's in the fuse box? thanks later

·
Registered
149 Posts

Hey guys, along the same lines. . . . .
how can I make it so my Fogs don't go out when I
hit my high beams? It gets REAL DARK here in the winter
and I like to have all the light possible.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Re: euroswitch (DouGuru)

u have to take out relay 110 and install a jumper in that spot. u can get a jumper at ur local vw stealership. i got one for like $3, its actually called a bridge at the vw dealership. just ask for a bridge and im sure they can get the part number.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.