VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Eurovan (116k miles) and have been having torque converter lock-up (01192) and cylinder 3 and 5 misfires (p0305, p0303,90300) all happening concurrently when I was in the mountains or stuck in stop and go traffic in hot weather. This happened repeatedly, while I was driving in these conditions. The transmission would stay in low gear (failed-safe mode) so that my rpm would go up and still would not be able to shift-up for higher speed. I have brought it in to two vw dealers and they all recommended a new rebuilt transmission. I am hesitant to get a new transmission again, because I just installed a factory new rebuilt about 1.5 years ago from VW, unfortunately, warranty ran out already. The transmission fluid looked darker, but not terribly bad and no signs of metal shavings. So far, I have replaced a new TCM (transmission control module) and the transmission conductor strip. but they did not help. The VW dealer mechanic actually took the van up to higher elevation while scanning to observe the torque converter lock-up and they also saw temperature went up high when lock-up occurred. Otherwise in normal conditions it drives fine. Any other advice ? I just can't believe it is in need of a transmission again after just 1.5 years.

Is it normal to have cylinder misfires along with torque converter lock-up? I just hate to replace the transmission again and found it was not the problem and something else. CoolAir suggested it may be valve body.

Thank you.
Dick

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Is it normal to have cylinder misfires along with torque converter lock-up?
You mean..." is it normal to have misfires with a torque converter lock up code?"

No it isn't. I have one here right now and its got 01192 code and NO misfires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.