VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was driving along in the city going straight at a green light through an intersection. The traffic before the light was pretty heavy and for some reason this woman in a Yukon on the street with a red light thinks it is the right time to make a left turn on red because she'd been waiting so long in line.
Since it wasn't her turn to go, I just kept moving forward and beeped, assuming that she'd stop. She eventually did, but then kept pulling up towards my car in an angry manner to the point where her bumper was about 1" from my door. I wasn't feeling too threatened, but it was just unnerving to have someone who wanted to "throw their weight around" thinking they could ignore the rules.
I'm sure some others on here have had worse experiences. With city driving, it's not so bad since the worst that can really happen is a dented up car, but that type of attitude at high speeds could be disastrous.
-Andrew

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Re: Ever been threatened by another car? (AndrewTosh)

Quote, originally posted by AndrewTosh »
I wasn't feeling too threatened

That may be true, but according to witnesses they heard "I want my mommy" from the intersection....

·
Registered
9,287 Posts
Re: Ever been threatened by another car? (Volkswagenut)

My threatening experiences would have to be, having my car and my body shake from the car behind you..at the drag strip of course.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote, originally posted by Volkswagenut »
That may be true, but according to witnesses they heard "I want my mommy" from the intersection....

Go away.

·
Registered
9,035 Posts

Every single day that I lived in Eastern Mass area...
Oh and Savannah Georgia... Never knew when you entered a crosswalk it was a sign for drivers to SPEED UP. Yeah, was clipped about 3 times and narrowly missed countless times all while in a crosswalk and obeying every pedestrian rule I possibly could.
While on my bike (pedal), I made it across the road in plenty of time in the crosswalk. I stopped to drink some water. The guy who sped up for me was so pissed he couldn't give me a good scare, he actually drove up onto the sidewalk where I had stopped and clipped my wheel on my bike. Being threatened by 3000lbs+ of steel is lots more scary when you are on foot or bike. I was actually chased through alleys and **** one other time by a car while on my bike again for no apparent reason that I could figure out. It's all such a blur you know, when you are running for your life. That city should just sink into the festering cesspool it's built on. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
35,186 Posts

In Arizona, they will book you for road rage for something like that. All you'd need to do is get her license plate. Admittedly that's a little hard if they're facing the wrong way, but they're pretty serious about that stuff here.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Re: Ever been threatened by another car? (AZGolf)

I owned a Jeep Cherokee that tried to kill me a couple of times, does that count?

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
Re: Ever been threatened by another car? (AZGolf)

i had some insane hick almost kill my wife and i in his pickup truck.. we were driving on the highway in our old 87 cabriolet (lets just say, not too solid).. he comes up behind us and starts tailgaiting us, the only thing we could assume is he didn't enjoy our bumper sticker (sad man).
he rode on our tail for a few miles then went in the middle of the road and tried to ram us off the road, while screaming obcenities out the window at us. i have no idea how we kept control of the car but somehow we did and made it through ok.. was really scary, had we lost control we would definetly be seriously hurt or possibly dead we were driving at like 70 because the guy was hitting our bumper from behind!
we followed him and got his plate, called the cops but i doubt they did anything. theres some scary mofos out there with serious anger problems

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Re: Ever been threatened by another car? (rawk)

Quote, originally posted by rawk »
ihe comes up behind us and starts tailgaiting us, the only thing we could assume is he didn't enjoy our bumper sticker (sad man).

So what does the sticker say?

·
Registered
7,565 Posts

um, threats are illegal and illegal activities are not allowed here on vortex so lock this thread kthnx

no, i actually was threatened by 2 cars at once back in college. no idea why. i was driving home on a 4 lane road (2 eacy way) and there was a grand cherokee and a chebby truck in either lane, one in front of the other. just enough so that you wouldn't be able to pass either or get by. no big deal, if they wouldn't have been going 20 in a 35!!!!!

so i switch to the lane with the truck that's further ahead, and proceed to slowly pass the other, midin my own bidness. the lead truck slows, the follower speeds up, and i'm thinking wtf? so i switch lanes to go around the other way, same thing happens. this goes on for a bit till i finally said ok f this noise, fake a lane change and shoot out into the oncoming lane to pass this a ssholio.
i was in my turd gen t/a at the time, which was in a horrible state of tune, so i barely inched past this guy lol cripple fight. once i got my rear bumber about 1 inch in front, i pulled back into the right, showed him my pet bird, and continued climbing to illegal speeds cause this guy just wouldn't quit. finally they gave up. what the crap.

·
Registered
7,559 Posts

So what does the sticker say?

i can't remember, there were a couple but i know one was 'stop mad cowboy disease'.. if that would make you so angry that you would want to nearly kill someone than i feel awfully sorry for you

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Re: Ever been threatened by another car? (rawk)

Quote »
Ever been threatened by another car

I think my car feels threatened by other, better looking cars... ...me staring doesn't help.

·
Banned
4,566 Posts

No but the neighbors Mercury Grand Marquis has been giving me dirty looks lately.

·
Banned
2,824 Posts
Re: Ever been threatened by another car? (PackRat)

Last time anything like that happened I was on an interstate highway, 3 lanes in each direction. There was this A$$ hogging the left lane in a yukon, going 65 in a 65 along with the people in the other lanes were inching past. I passed him from the middle lane as soon as there was a hole and then the guy starts tailgating me with his brights on
and I'm hardly holding up traffic goin around 75. Basically I kicked it into 4th gear and put a good 1/4 mile between us. Then he comes up behind me AGAIN! tailgating me. I slow down to about 60, and then let 'er rip, but I dont slow down until there's a good mile of open road between myself and the Tahoe. Being able to outrun people like that is one reason I like my car

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Re: Ever been threatened by another car? (4RCD3S4)

Yeah some clown in a Jeep Grand CHerokee crawled off the light in a busy intersection. I was in the right lane so I took off and easily got in front of him in his lane, so that I would make the highway. I was a carlength infront of him at all times. He started frothing and floored it. My poor car wasn't running 100% but i managed to keep ahead of him and then the road dips and cuts a hard left. My car shot rhtough the corner...his dick-mobile started understeering across 2 lanes into the shoulder...which was going away because our two lanes were mergin with 2 lanes from i95 North to form i91 North. I think he recovered but by then there was lots of traffic and i had to avoid the non-english speakers who think it's ok to slide into another lane with no signal provided you do it slowly enough.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Re: Ever been threatened by another car? (PackRat)

Quote, originally posted by PackRat »
No but the neighbors Mercury Grand Marquis has been giving me dirty looks lately.

I get those too.
Oh wait, they're Crown Vics.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts

Quote, originally posted by AndrewTosh »
Ever been threatened by another car?

I remember many years ago, I tried to videotape my car in motion.
So I found an old country road, put my car in Drive, and jumped out.
I filmed her from the side, the rear, and the front. That was the hardest, since I was tired when I got to the front to the point that she was gaining on me, and I was running out of breath. It did not help that the road was somewhat downhill, now that I think about it. So there I was running, in front of my driverless car, trying to shoot video of it. The steering wheel must have hit something because as my muscles were getting sore from running, I went off to the right to get out of its way, but so did the car
!! The stupid car was following me, trying to run me over. I dived behind a bush, and the car hit the bush at about 20 MPH, and that slowed it down to the point that I was able to get inside of it and control it.

·
Registered
79 Posts

I filmed her from the side, the rear, and the front. That was the hardest, since I was tired when I got to the front to the point that she was gaining on me, and I was running out of breath. It did not help that the road was somewhat downhill, now that I think about it. So there I was running, in front of my driverless car, trying to shoot video of it. The steering wheel must have hit something because as my muscles were getting sore from running, I went off to the right to get out of its way, but so did the car
!! The stupid car was following me, trying to run me over. I dived behind a bush, and the car hit the bush at about 20 MPH, and that slowed it down to the point that I was able to get inside of it and control it.

Cars will sometimes take revenge on their owners

·
Registered
378 Posts

Uhhh, why not just get a friend to film or drive?

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Re: Ever been threatened by another car? (KCCasey)

Quote, originally posted by KCCasey »

Uhhh, why not just get a friend to film or drive?

Its more exciting to do it on your own....or so I thought...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts