VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
6,621 Posts
Re: Every time you go fast, remember this video!! (boosted b5)

yeah i think after seeing how sturdy
mk2 golfs are, im gonna purchase a roll cage that will brace all of that http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
3,736 Posts
Re: Every time you go fast, remember this video!! (boosted b5)

damn...someone really wanted those recaro's...they got the jaws of life out just to steal an interior?

· Registered
1,788 Posts
Re: Every time you go fast, remember this video!! (The Hater)

Do you know what speed that test was done at?
edit ... err ... ok I'm asleep nm ... 35 I see .... eww ... uhh .. how hard is it to put air bags in our cars? Thats scary if thats at 35 noone would survive a crash over 40?
Arent the guidlines more strict for crash saftey ratings than that?

Modified by ridefuel at 11:36 PM 11-18-2004

· Registered
7,372 Posts
Re: (thedubclubIan)

Yeah plus most of the time they hit a pointed object that doesn't crush too, like the corner of a cement wall. To answer the question of putting airbags in your car, it would be really hard, if you are asking that question you aren't capable of doing it yourself and I have never heard of anybody retrofitting airbags to a car.

· Registered
48,491 Posts
Re: Every time you go fast, remember this video!! (ridefuel)

Quote, originally posted by ridefuel »
how hard is it to put air bags in our cars?

im sure youd end up hurting yourself putting them in, or having them go off on accident. it wouldnt be worth it. people were walking away from wrecks in the 80s too...just dont drive like a moron and hope that those around you do the same.

· Registered
402 Posts
Re: Every time you go fast, remember this video!! (nsmsam)

Quote, originally posted by nsmsam »
Cool
Let me share this too
http://www.928s.org/past.asp

All i can say i am glad that you sevived that. That looks really really bad. Do you want to tell us what happend so if anyway we can not do that in anyway possible. I don't even think that roll cage would help out at all. most of the times roll cage on the street end up hurting people.

· Registered
12,078 Posts
Re: Every time you go fast, remember this video!! (nsmsam)

Quote, originally posted by nsmsam »
Cool

The thing that scares me about this is the headrest is decapitated... and theres blood on the headliner behind it.

· Registered
3,090 Posts
Re: Every time you go fast, remember this video!! (GodSquadMandrake)

Yikes!
They had to jaws of life the people out of there! Dead or alive.

· Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (thedubclubIan)

Quote, originally posted by thedubclubIan »
You guys gotta remeber that when they do those crashes, the object the car hits is not moving at all. most things that you hit in an accident will move.

Yea.... if that car in the video got thzat messed up hitting a non moving object at 35mph, thats pretty much the same as hitting an on coming car both going 17mph.

· Registered
175 Posts
Re: (PowerDubs)

you are so full of it.Back in 1998 in gemany on the way home from a concert from Stutgart to Freiburg My dad was driving our 4 door golf.160 kmh we hit a Completely stoped mitsubishi THe car looked just like that in the video.Yes he did knock the windshield out of the car yes my frind broke few ribs but that war because he was sleeping on the back seat ,I lost mu schue sole cause the flor pans broke and where gone but the car is strong a hell.At 35 you will never bend a a2 like that.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.