VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Re: Everyone in the mk4 forum said to post this here... 14.69 with a STOCK '02 GTi (WhiteG60)

Hey.
i was up at maple grove on the 6th and couldnt get better than a 14.95 @ 95mph... 60' 2.55.
I was launching really good and the tires were hookin up but after about 20ft hte wheelhop was getting soo bad that i HAD to let off the gas. Once i put in my ES mounts i should be able to pull off ALOT better 60' and 1/4 time

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Everyone in the mk4 forum said to post this here... 14.69 with a STOCK '02 GTi (20vJetta)

Oh yah? Did you know the guy with the silver GTi there? My father is the VP/General Manager there and called me saturday to tell me there was a silver gti 1.8t running 15.60's.... you comin up saturday for import class? you should :c)

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Re: Everyone in the mk4 forum said to post this here... 14.69 with a STOCK '02 GTi (WhiteG60)

Screw the times, check out the 60's!!?? Care to explain how you pulled off consistent 2.2s on the stock tires??

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Everyone in the mk4 forum said to post this here... 14.69 with a STOCK '02 GTi (rudyr)

Uhm... yah I don't even have the Michelins... i have some Continental BS tires. Raise R's to approx 2800, let clutch out fairly quick, and she just squats and goes. (Keep in mind I've been racing cars since I was 12 (Jr Dragsters) have raced super comp dragsters, super stock cars, and various other drag cars for the past 8 years...)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Re: Everyone in the mk4 forum said to post this here... 14.69 with a STOCK '02 GTi (rudyr)

So looking at this scientificallylike, your car runs better on Bud than gas, while other cars see decreased performance, I'll have to pick some up on the way home and see...
Good runs, interesting to see how a tire pressure change might affect it, I'd think slightly lowering the front a bit might lower those 60fts even more (I'm no expert and it looks as if you've got lots more experience at a track).
-slug
[edit with that last post up now] yup, a bit of experience

[Modified by slugman, 11:07 AM 4-8-2002]

·
Registered
6,376 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Uhm... yah I don't even have the Michelins... i have some Continental BS tires. Raise R's to approx 2800, let clutch out fairly quick, and she just squats and goes. (Keep in mind I've been racing cars since I was 12 (Jr Dragsters) have raced super comp dragsters, super stock cars, and various other drag cars for the past 8 years...)[HR][/HR]​
none the less consistant 2.2's on radials is awesome ... great work

·
Registered
4,763 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR](Keep in mind I've been racing cars since I was 12 (Jr Dragsters) have raced super comp dragsters, super stock cars, and various other drag cars for the past 8 years...)[HR][/HR]​
I was gonna say... That is all driver, no doubt about it. Very nice. Very very nice.
Power shifting? Damn impressive.

·
Registered
821 Posts

Congrats!! People used to lower the air pressure in the front tires and get 14.8-14.9s on the stock GT-S, looks like it works, god job!
Cheers!

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Everyone in the mk4 forum said to post this here... 14.69 with a STOCK '02 GTi (BlownVDub)

No burnout... no reason to do a burn out untill you're going quicker than 13's or running slicks/drag radials.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.