VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EVERYONE MUST LOOK! I've been driving with no nut holding my hub on for 5 years! PLEASE HELP

(Images below)
So these are pics of my front drivers side rotor. The whole wheel wobbles like an old rusty door knob in all directions. Also, there is no nut!!! Some how the previous owner must have installed an axle that was too long and then just cut off the end!? Axle, and bearings must be destroyed and hub too. Oddly enough, it doesn't make much noise or vibration. I recently noticed a bit of grinding after hitting a pot hole.
Let me know what you think
Modified by granny1986 at 6:36 PM 3-20-2010

Modified by granny1986 at 7:12 PM 3-20-2010

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: EVERYONE MUST LOOK! I've been driving with no nut holding my hub on for ... (granny1986)

It gets more interesting, I have receipts from work the stealership did in 2005, and they replaced the front left hub and bearing!!!?? I remember they mentioned something about more work may need to be done, but they didn't seem too concerned.
So, they put it back together like this. I remember they shaved the axle down to where it is now, it used to stick out longer.
No nut before or after.
WTF

· Registered
10 Posts
Re: EVERYONE MUST LOOK! I've been driving with no nut holding my hub on for ... (granny1986)

dude someone welded your ish...my man...they prolly boogered up the threads on the hub and said f it and heated that bad boy up...did it on my old civic you better hit the junk yard or break the piggy bank you need to fix before she comes undone...

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: FV-QR (beyondkustom)

I've noticed it the whole time, but, obviously I'm not much of an expert when it comes to fixing my car. I just figured there was a nut in there somewhere. Also since the dealership worked on it, i figured i was good. plus, the car drove just fine

· Registered
2,290 Posts
FV-QR

Thats ****ing nuts man, **** if you could prove the dealership did it then i would try and make them pay for it.

· Registered
6,825 Posts
FV-QR

well, now that I look at it again, its the front wheel. Meaning that that is the axle, and if you have ever taken off your hub then you would know that it is sitting in there pretty good from just force. I seriously doubt it would ever come out on its own, unless another part of the axle failed. But swap it out and do it right

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.