VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This install sucked!!!! it was supposed to take, what, 1 hour and it took 4.5. how i am pretty mechanically inclined and this was not a very easy task. the directions were not that good at all. i had to call evo 2 times to ask them what the heck they were talking about. breaking plastic things all over the place. not good at all. well a couple bloody knuckles and a bruised ego and the damn thing is in. sounds nice pulls good in the uppers. i just drove it real quick around the block. so for you guys who are going to install this, get ready for a not fun day or night of car crappiness. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Re: EVO CAI install (freshdave)

Took me 1.5 hours the first time with no ramps/jack and basic hand tools. Most of the time was spent ripping out the front air ducting. I also took my time and made sure everything was nicely aligned and tightened.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: EVO CAI install (dbrowne1)

i also have a car that is 3 months old and the whole time was scared poopless about the bullcrap of the warranty business. everytime i pulled something out it wa like ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh nnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo. lol. i guess thats the breaks. for some reason everything just took so long to do and hard. these V dubs are alot weirder than the hondas lol........im hurting boooooooooooo

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
Re: EVO CAI install (FlyinTurbo)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hmmm, took me about 15 mins to install the intake? [HR][/HR]​
Honestly, it took me maybe 20 minutes. 15 of that trying to get the plastic ducting off of the back of the left headlight. How in the heck did you spend four hours on installing a CAI?

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
Re: EVO CAI install (freshdave)

quote:[HR][/HR]got me . i think your exagerating on the 20 min though.. just things getting weird i guess nd the cold does not hel[p[HR][/HR]​
Yeah I will give you that. I used to live in Alaska. One winter I had a job assembling trailers OUTSIDE in 15 below (F). Sucked!! Either way you got it on and probably broke less parts than I did. hahahaha.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.