VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I had a near miss with a guy doing a 3-point turn after a blind corner. I ended up sliding off the road a little bit and hitting a dirt embankment with a jolt. Ever since my car has been running poorly. My gas mileage has dropped from 27mpg to 24.5mpg and it seems to lose power after it warms up. I'm nearly positive that I've developed a nasty exhaust leak before the cat and i was wondering if this could somehow screw up my O2 sensor. Could a bad reading from the O2 sensor cause this? It there anything else that could cause this?
Also, when the starter is cranking the engine, it seems like its getting stuck in some places, or that one cylinder is trying to fire before it reaches TDC. Other times however the engine cranks fine and fires right up. I was having the same problem with my jeep when I broke a few pushrods and there was compression in one cylinder all the time. I pulled my valve cover just to make sure something wasn't wrong but everything appeared to be fine.
These may be two unrelated issues, but they both started right after I slid off the road... Thanks for the help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts