VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after a bunch of reading etc. I dropped some coin for a TT exhaust w/Borla muffler. It ended up being way too loud for my taste, so I took it in and had another resonator installed. It's still way too loud (I have to take work phone calls when I'm driving sometimes, so it makes it really hard to hear).
Anyway, several hundred dollars later, I'm realizing that I've got to do something else. The question is, without spending a h3ll of a lot more, what to do?
Should I tear the whole thing out and go back to stock?
Should I just replace the muffler with a stock muffler, and leave the exhaust piping?
In short, I need to get this thing as frickin quiet as possible (unfortunately). Yes, I searched, but only found suggestions to add a 2nd resonator (which I've already done).

· Registered
1,512 Posts
Re: Exhaust Dilemna - what to do??? (chrislane31)

I fabbed up my own, 55mm cat - 2 1/4 in mandrel bent tubing - 2x 2 1/4 in glasspacks - 1x 2 1/4 in resonator. I have less than 100 bucks into it. Even with my open element filter it is pretty quiet at partial throttle. Fairly aggressive at WOT, but I have no problem carrying on a conversation on my cell at freeway speeds.
EDIT: I missed another pivotal post count.

Modified by Ische at 10:37 PM 4-11-2005

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turbo..heh, yeah I wish. I just bought a house, so big projects will be a ways out. I'm such an idiot - I meant to save the "suitcase" resonator from the muffler shop (just to be safe), and ended up grabbing the old, nasty muffler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.