VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new exhaust for my g60 and i like the sound of remus and genie exhausts. Remus doesnt make a g60 cat back and genie is just too damn much right now. So im looking for suggestions and place to purchase a new exhaust from. thx
anywere i can hear a borlo exhaust?

Modified by mericw at 8:33 PM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Re: exhaust for a g60 (REPOMAN)

I always thought my 2-1/2" w/ flowmaster sounded more like a tractor... withouth the cat, anyway. Even with a cat (3"in/out), the tone is deep, but it was still pretty loud cruising on the highway. The TT 2.5" behind a VR6 cat in a friend's GTi is way quieter than mine ever was, but it is pinched to less than 2-1/4" directly behind the cat. I still have the same exhaust setup on my Corrado, but the turbo behind the ABA 16V makes it more livable nowadays.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Re: exhaust for a g60 (mericw)

i'm pretty happy with my 2.25'' TT cat back exhaust. i have a TT high flow cat on there as well, and a flowmaster muffler. it performs well.
just to warn, w/ the flowmaster, you get what you pay for. it sounds nice for the first week, then the stuff will break up inside and it will rattle. but if you have a stage 4 ported charger, the flowmaster sounds very nice...

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Re: exhaust for a g60 (kobidge)

wow, TT must have gotten a bad batch of flowmasters. I've had mine for over 3 years and it hasn't rattled, ever. Not to say that I didn't have issues with the exhaust rubbing, but never the muffler itself.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: exhaust for a g60 (REPOMAN)

i'd return the muffler or just buy something nicer. The flowmasters are just cheap and fit. But there are many other mufflers that flow better.
in the ls1 world, you are laffed at for using flowmaster catback due to its restrictive muffler. however theres alot more room for choices. Some of the cool mufflers allow you to change the chamber (open em up) for even less backpressure on those fun fun days i forgot the name of that one.
flowmaster is old tech, there's been alot of new designs.
And if your < < baffles broke on your flowmaster its defective, send it back and demand a replacement from flowmaster, they do uphold their reputation. unless you've been doing massive flame-out backfires or something i can't imagine anything other than a production flaw.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Re: exhaust for a g60 (mrkrad)

i have a TT 2.25" SS with a race downpipe. Loud, and it shoots lots of flames

-Greg

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Re: exhaust for a g60 (Strictly Gravy)

my TT 2.25" system came w/ a flowmaster. after about 4 years it started rattling. TT would have sent me a new one for free, but I put in an extra ~$50 and they shipped me a Borla.
I have the SS system, lifetime warranty http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
BTW...best TT prices here ...http://thescirocco.com/
and nice meeting you on Sunday Matthew

Modified by zedcorrado at 11:31 AM 5-24-2004

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Re: exhaust for a g60 (mericw)

I have run these exhaust.
2.25 techtonics with stock dp and cat standard resonator ultraflow. Quiet and civil. Too civil for me.

2.5 techtonics with race dp and 2nd resonator Untraflow.
LOUD!!! REAL LOUD!!! ARTILLERY LOUD!!!
What?
"I said your car is loud!"
Huh... Sorry I can't here you my car is too loud!
It's a good loud though. I added a Supertrap with a compitition tips and it was Purrrrrrrrrrrfect. I wish I could post a sound wave of my girl saying Purrrrrfect. Uffda!

Now running stock dowpipe on the above system. Too quiet and took the edge off performance. A big edge.

<Gollum> Nassssty filthy catses N stock downpipeses! We hates them.
Next I'll provide a report with the above system and my techtonics race header. MUAHAHAHAAHA!
Llew.

Modified by G60Jetta2dr at 10:18 AM 5-24-2004

Modified by G60Jetta2dr at 10:20 AM 5-24-2004

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Re: exhaust for a g60 (G60Jetta2dr)

i have the autotech SS 2.25" and i love itits nice and deep and pretty loud but when u get on the throttle the sound is awsome.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Re: exhaust for a g60 (Black86GTI)

i have a tt stainless 2.5 cat back with 2 resinators. it has a nice deep sound to it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts