VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, sorry this might be a nooby/lame question but I bought my Stage 2+ Golf R back in October and now I am wanting to make the exhaust sound louder.

The previous owner installed a full turboback 42 draft designs turbo back exhaust with a catless downpipe. They told me they customized the catback portion by adding two magnaflow mufflers. Now i jacked the car up today and noticed the catback portion is resonated before the two mufflers.

If i were to remove the resonator on the cat back portion would this make the car louder? Or is the the two magnaflow mufflers that are making it quiet?
I have some pictures but they are quite bad, im sorry. Just not sure what , my options are!

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Deleting the resonator will make your car drone, if its your daily driver I would not do this. I would recommend just deleting the back two mufflers, it'll really louden things up with the catless downpipe.

·
Registered
2013 Golf R, 2013 X5 35D, 1997 E320
21,234 Posts
It looks like your exhaust is valved, so you could pull that vacuum line off and cap it and it should be louder by bypassing the mufflers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wicked, I will give that a try to see if it works! I have never done this before, I am assuming the vacum line is towards the back right by the mufflers?

·
Registered
680 Posts
I did this mod on my OEM catback many years ago. Simply pinched the vacuum hose and put a zip tie around it. I soon found the drone annoying and put it back to normal. Your experience may vary, but I and a lot of other people thought we want a louder exhaust, then after driving it realize that we didn't afterall . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts