VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2.5" Eurosport DP that crapped out at the flex joint shortly after it was installed 1 year ago. It's insanely loud. Well, when I'm cruising through the apartment complex I let off the gas in second gear and let it idle down from 2500 rpms to just above 1100, cruise over the speed bump and go. When the car is winding down I can hear the turbo spooling down also. It will start to spool down until about 1500 rpms when it sounds like it spools back up for a second.(barely noticeable but there) Do you think the exhaust leak is causing a vaccuum maybe and it is turning the turbine the oposite way? I seriously doubt it's my DV since there's little to absolutely no boost being created. Maybe I'm just retarted, what do you guys think?

· Registered
4,712 Posts
Re: Exhaust leak causing turbo damage? (jude)

exhaust leak is venting gasses and thus probably giving you incorrect readings to your 02 senor. The temps will be cooler as well as the pressure in the exhaust is dropped. This will cause premature cat failure as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.