VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '88 Cabby just started sounding like a Civic w/ fartcan. Turns out the exhaust pipe broke just before the connector with the "C" clamps that hooks to the exhaust manifold. It's the downpipe between the clamps and the cat.
What are my options? Can I purchase a new downpipe with Cat that is compatible with those lame-o "C" clamps? Is there a different style 8v manifold (Scirocco perhaps) that will bolt right in and I just have to buy the whole exhaust system from mani -> muffler?
I ran a search and found nothing. I also checked Techtonics Tuning but wasn't sure what to get.
Any help would be awesome. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,995 Posts
Re: Exhaust manifold ?'s (euro sport)

I know of nothing that will attach to the standad "toilet" bowl header except for the stock parts.
Your best bet is to either change the manifold to an A1 dual outlet manifold (for sale here in the Vortex classifieds or Ebay) and a matching dual downpipe. Or you can get a header system that would replace both the manifold and downpipe at once but probably won't last as long.
Regardless of what you choose you'll be a lot happeir than you've been before this happened!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.