VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a milltek non res on the car. I really hate that *pinging* *clicking* noise the exhaust makes whenever I accelerate. It made this noise before and after the resonator was removed. My question is, would a stock exhaust with flapper and no resonator sound better than my Milltek? Im looking for that deeper sound without the retarded out of place accelerating noise!
btw, does anyone have any sound clips of this done? I tried searching vortex and youtube but no luck.

· Registered
2,361 Posts
Re: Exhaust Opinion (R32_alex)

I don't have that pinging or clicking noise?

· Registered
2,361 Posts
Re: Exhaust Opinion (tttttada)

I think he may be talking about when the exhaust is first cold. I had that same sound even with the stock exhaust.

· Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Exhaust Opinion (sh{}e)

Quote, originally posted by sh{}e »
I think he may be talking about when the exhaust is first cold. I had that same sound even with the stock exhaust.

Oh ok thats probably it. It always does it when I start the car. When I had my stock exhaust on It never used to do it. hmm but theoretically an open flapper stock exhaust with the resonator removed shouldn't sound any raspier?

· Registered
2,361 Posts
Re: Exhaust Opinion (R32_alex)

I could produce that sound with stock exhaust with flapper mod. It would happen when I would immediately drive it on cold start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.