VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 2.0T FSI and the exhaust separated from the flange right at the manifold/turbo. The pipe looks like it is all part of one large piece that includes the flex pipe and cat.
Can someone look up a parts list with diagram and see what part I need? I am hoping that I will not need to purchase an entire assembly that includes the cat, but you just don't know with VW.

· Registered
2,794 Posts
Re: Exhaust Question (estrov)

That is the down pipe and it you are correct. It has the two cats and a flex joint on it. You can just replace that part. There are usually people on here selling there stock ones after they upgrade to a aftermarket DP. If the exhaust shop that installed my aftermarket DP would not have stole my OEM pipe DP. I would have given it you. You could also upgrade to an aftermarket DP. Hope that helps

· Registered
453 Posts

yeah man, your correct. that is one assembly. The from the turbo all the way back to just below the front of the rear seat is all one piece. It look like its time for a downpipe!!!!

Good Luck
Andy

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Exhaust Question (neons4012)

Is there a reason to go aftermarket in terms of performance if I use the stock exhaust from the cat back?

Also, looks like a PITA to get to the one top bolt off the manifold. How difficult is this job?
I plan on a stage 1 later this year.

· Registered
2,794 Posts

I just did the down pipe on my wifes a3, same motor as the passat, and I could kick myself for paying someone to install the one on my passat. The top bolt on the turbo is the hardest of the all. I used a swivel on a long extension and leaned over the fender and got it off. I sprayed all four bolts with PB blaster and let them soak for a while. They came off no problem. If you are movng to stage 1, do the DP now. Use good jack stands and get the car up high so you can move around under there. Let me know if that helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.