VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i was reading up on the 337 Specs and ive come across a section taht said something about the 337 having a bigger exhaust? My car is relatively quiet and i just ordered a 3" downpipe. Do the 337s Have a bigger exhaust thatn the standard GTIs?

· Registered
1,094 Posts
slightly bigger I believe.. I had a 3" downpipe mated up to my stock exhaust before. you'll need one of these:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-337_20AE--1.8T/Exhaust/Universal/ES258922/

I have to warn you though, gains are minimal and there is a pretty decent bottleneck from that adapter. If you're looking to increase performance, I highly suggest you get a full exhaust. I ended up taking my downpipe off a year later and selling it because it was just rattling. I didn't even notice the decreased performance from putting the stock downpipe back on.

My other mods were K&N drop in filter and neuspeed software. You may have better luck with better software and a TIP maybe.

:thumbup:

· Registered
1,094 Posts
Yes, Neuspeed 93 oct (spiking at 17psi).

People told me just a DP was stupid but I didn't really care cause I had things set in my mind already. The reason I just put the stock DP back on was because I was living in NY at the time and was sick of the emissions issue during inspection. Also, I didn't just put a whole 3" exhaust system on because I hate droning exhaust on road trips.

Like I said, with different software and mods, you may have different results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.