VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the 2.5 downpipe w cat for like 380. I was wondering what kind of exhaust will give me that loud dirt bike sound to it. I see them mostly on hondas. I have a 03 gti 1.8

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Re: exhaust sound (mach iv for more)

just curious... why would you want a loud dirt bike sound when you can get a deep low nice tone out of your vw???
if you want a loud dirt bike sound that go on e-bay and buy one of those obx mufflers.... if you want a real exaust that scares off those honda weed wackers get a GHL 3" catback.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Re: (01 Wolfsburg)

You can´t get that sound out of a 1.8t, unless you try with the sound that sometimes makes air going trough several types of passages, like a whistle for example, once a friend of mine installed a custom Y pipe to get dual tips at the end of his muffler,and it did a horrible sound, it might be just what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Re: exhaust sound (mach iv for more)

Quote, originally posted by mach iv for more »
I just purchased the 2.5 downpipe w cat for like 380. I was wondering what kind of exhaust will give me that loud dirt bike sound to it. I see them mostly on hondas. I have a 03 gti 1.8

take your whole freaking exhaust off!!!!!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Re: exhaust sound (PcMoney01)

Quote, originally posted by PcMoney01 »

take your whole freaking exhaust off!!!!!

that reminds me of the kid a while ago that bought a 2003 GTI 1.8t and sawed off the whole exhaust(because it sounded cool), then was crying the next day when his cel came on.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Re: exhaust sound (PcMoney01)

first of all youdont want the ringing can sound that hondas make and second off your car is turbo it will never make that sound all turbo cars ive heardin the past make low rumbling sounds or make a dope spooling sound when you run open down pipe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts