VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know what i should do. rite now i have a 2.5 inch milltek. but i have a 3 inch down pipe. should i go with a full 3 inch system. i have an upgraded turbo runnin the gt28rs i feel like im getting restricted at times should i leave it alone or get a 3 inch cat back system and which one should i get. 3 inch atp down pipe with no cat, thats what i got on going into the 2.5 need some advice http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
3,004 Posts
Re: exhaust ??? (unban tim18t)

Quote, originally posted by unban tim18t »
i mean run a 3" d.p. off the turbo go under the car with it. cut it off, no muffler

DO NOT do this for long. I have personally seen the damage this caused on a now poor partially charcoaled 337. If you are dumping, dump it away from the fuel lines, don't just lets it out straight. That exhaust is HOT.
But imho, leave your setup the way it is. The restriction you feel is not from the exhaust, it's from our tiny turbo's inability to keep up in the high revs.

· Banned
4,356 Posts
Re: exhaust ??? (AVANT)

Quote, originally posted by AVANT »

DO NOT do this for long. I have personally seen the damage this caused on a now poor partially charcoaled 337. If you are dumping, dump it away from the fuel lines, don't just lets it out straight. That exhaust is HOT.

if done properly, you won't have a charred car. i know some peeps on this board who have it done right, and have zero issues.

· Registered
2,860 Posts
I'd like to see what a difference, if any, that a full three inch would do compared to the three inch down pipe to 2.5in all the way back. I run a 3in down pipe to 2.5in without a cat and I don't think I'm going to wring any more out of it with a full three inch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.