VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at a tossup right now between the two. Does anyone have any insight into the two? I don't know too much about them except that Eurosports is cheaper and forced-motion has better performance. But is it worth the price? Also is the eurosport a 2.5" or 3"?
Mike

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Re: Exhausts: Eurosport or Forced-Motion? (mdeleo3)

Eurosport is 2.5", FM is 3".
Are you going to go further than a chip and exhaust upgrade? If your plans call for a new turbo and such, I would go 3". If you just want better performance and sound, the Eurosport might fit a little better.
Not sure of the 30 hp gains, but I know the FM system is schweet. According to the European Car test, I think the Eurosport made about 12 more hp and a bunch more torque.

[Modified by BrandonC, 2:07 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
644 Posts
Re: Exhausts: Eurosport or Forced-Motion? (A-Money)

I would be looking at Autotech's system or FM's system. Personally, I am not going to even bother with an exhaust unless it is a 3" system. Unfortunately, 3" systems cost more, though they are proven to produce more power, if designed properly.
What I REALLY wish existed was a 3" catback exhaust (I already have a 3" DP) that utilized a Remus muffler. I want my car to be QUIET and, Remus is hands down the quietest muffler out there. Even thier 2.25" resonator back system produces good power. I bet a 3" Remus CB system would make just as much as the Autotech or FM system.
Can one of you guys (like DBJ) PLEASE see if this is possible? I wouldn't even know who to call or what to ask them. Maybe you FM guys could fab an alternate 3" system that utilizes a Remus muffler. Or, is it possible to include a longer and thus quieter muffler? (or maybe two small mufflers inline?)...

I know of several Japanese aftermarket companies that make double muffler and double back systems. They always result in very good power and are VERY quiet (especially Mugen's).

[Modified by jasonhouse, 3:31 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Re: Exhausts: Eurosport or Forced-Motion? (jasonhouse)

The last Forced-Motion sponsored GB is going on right now here. The price is currently down to $1050 for the entire system, including dp, cat, and cat-back with your choice of tips. The GB ends the 30th, so if you are planning to go with the FM, this is a good chance to step in and get a good deal! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I would be looking at Autotech's system or FM's system. Personally, I am not going to even bother with an exhaust unless it is a 3" system. Unfortunately, 3" systems cost more, though they are proven to produce more power, if designed properly.
[HR][/HR]​
The forced motion system shouldn't be loud at all if you get the 2.5"dual tips and you use stock dogbone inserts. The only reason mine is loud is that I have the hidden 3" tip and hard-as-rock urethane inserts.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Re: Exhausts: Eurosport or Forced-Motion? (dbrowne1)

No. I'm talking about QUIET. No gurgle, rumble or belching. I want the exhaust to be as quiet as stock or, so close to it that my very sensitive ears cannot tell the difference. Otherwise, I'll leave it stock (with 3"DP) and, deal with the loss of power.
I know it sounds odd but, I cannot stand the sound of 99% of the aftermarket exhausts out there. Don't forget, it's my wife's daily driver as much as it's mine.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]No. I'm talking about QUIET. No gurgle, rumble or belching. I want the exhaust to be as quiet as stock or, so close to it that my very sensitive ears cannot tell the difference. Otherwise, I'll leave it stock (with 3"DP) and, deal with the loss of power.
I know it sounds odd but, I cannot stand the sound of 99% of the aftermarket exhausts out there. Don't forget, it's my wife's daily driver as much as it's mine.[HR][/HR]​
Fair enough. Your best bet amongst currently available products is probably a 3"DP, hi-flow cat, and the biggest Remus catback (2.5"??) you can mate to it.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Re: Exhausts: Eurosport or Forced-Motion? (A-Money)

Here's the Eurosport cat-back on a 1.8t Jetta with GIAC chip, Neuspeed turbo inlet pipe and P-Flow.... From the November European Car issue. Some very good gains, but you can tell that the FM system produces larger ones at certain point sin the graph. It will also work better if you're going to upgrade more in the future. The Eurosport definitely does great for the price though!

·
Registered
381 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]No. I'm talking about QUIET. No gurgle, rumble or belching. I want the exhaust to be as quiet as stock or, so close to it that my very sensitive ears cannot tell the difference. I know it sounds odd but, I cannot stand the sound of 99% of the aftermarket exhausts out there. Don't forget, it's my wife's daily driver as much as it's mine.[HR][/HR]​
True jasonhouse and I seam to have the same taste in exhausts.
G

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Re: Exhausts: Eurosport or Forced-Motion? (G-Funk)

If you wanted really quiet, you could always order the DP and Hi flo cat from us. They come with an adapter piece that you simply bolt on to your system. No permanent mods to fit the system on, just unbolt your stock dp and cat, remove it from the center clamp and bolt our new system in. This maintains the stock exhaust sound and gives you some pretty impressive gains. You WILL hear the turbo spool much more tho. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Re: Exhausts: Eurosport or Forced-Motion? (DaBlackJetta)

I have your solution:
Get the 3" DP + Cat, a Remus Universal muffler, and get some custom 3" piping done from the muffler to the cat at any good muffler shop.
Enter the 3" Turbo back Forced Motion / Remus Hybrid system... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Re: Exhausts: Eurosport or Forced-Motion? (ltngbg99)

Eurosport is 2 1/4 and not full stainless. Go Forced Motion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Exhausts: Eurosport or Forced-Motion? (BrandonC)

Personally, I"m not wasting my time or money on eurosport, or FM exhuast systems...I'm waint late dec, early January, when Greddy's [email protected] cat-back comes out. It is the highest HP gian for Jetta 1.8T(look in turbo mag....from either sep or oct). A little pricy, but worth it. Or get connections with a good shop like I'm at, and get the companies prices at their costs...way to do it.
APR 1.0 Bar chip(which actually produces more boost than 1.0 bar, according to my turbo timer), blitz dual turob timer, nuespeed p-flow intake, downpipe, and racing springs, and nitto's.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Re: Exhausts: Eurosport or Forced-Motion? (StephenJM9)

quote:[HR][/HR]Personally, I"m not wasting my time or money on eurosport, or FM exhuast systems...I'm waint late dec, early January, when Greddy's [email protected] cat-back comes out. It is the highest HP gian for Jetta 1.8T(look in turbo mag....from either sep or oct). A little pricy, but worth it. Or get connections with a good shop like I'm at, and get the companies prices at their costs...way to do it.
[HR][/HR]​
I doubt it will make more HP than the FM system, considering that the FM is 3" and all the way from the turbo back. I also doubt it will make more than the FM cat-back section, which is 3" and straight through (muffler is just a glasspack expansion chamber).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.