VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the air on my corrado on a built vrt the compressors running along with external fuel pump and water pump for the awic, it puts quite the draw on my electrical system. makes it idle like dick etc etc. so ive thought about just running like a co2/nitrogen tank so i can ditch the compressors. anyone have experience doing this? i know its been done but just wanna hear some opinions. also what size tank could i get away with? i dont drive the car much but on the weekends and stuff. well used. need wheels since i sold the RSs and not running right doesnt help either. thanks for any info you can give me.

pic just because...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Why not try a scuba tank with regular compressed air. They hold about 3000 psi, and can be regulated to work at air ride pressures.

Its probably easier to fill than nitrogen or Co2 and you still get a bunch of lifts.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah i can run something like that or smaller. trying to make it where i wont have to lift the floor to remove the tank for a refill since i have a battery and water tank on top. was thinking of running something under the rear arm rest or on the rear floor board and run a line to the trunk.

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
paintball stores around here always filled up my buddies tank when he had his s10 on air. they fill 3000/4500 psi (compressed air) tanks all day long. they would more than likely need it removed from the car though, or at least that's what we had to do.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
with the air on my corrado on a built vrt the compressors running along with external fuel pump and water pump for the awic, it puts quite the draw on my electrical system. makes it idle like dick etc etc. so ive thought about just running like a co2/nitrogen tank so i can ditch the compressors. anyone have experience doing this? i know its been done but just wanna hear some opinions. also what size tank could i get away with? i dont drive the car much but on the weekends and stuff. well used. need wheels since i sold the RSs and not running right doesnt help either.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5333439-paintball-or-scuba-air-tank-setup

Just throwing this out there.

Engine driven comp ....
Pretty sure an EDC will not fit in our engine bay :(

why dont you just get an upgraded high output alternator..

http://www.excessiveamperage.com/
Did you order one then? ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts