VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question - Car is going into dealers tomorrow for roof adjustment
but I have noticed that there is some exposed wiring behind the accelerator pedal. Not a problem but looks untidy and can't believe it's as intended. Can someone have a quick peek at theirs?
I can get dealer to check it out if it's wrong.
Thanks.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Exposed wires - accelerator (mark_d_drake)

Thanks Mark. Hang on....what the...you've got a pedal missing!

Looks like there is some kind of plastic cover there, that might be what I'm missing. Is that cover related to the gas pedal?

· Registered
63 Posts
Re: Exposed wires - accelerator (mark_d_drake)

Quote, originally posted by mark_d_drake »
The cover is behind both pedals.. Maybe it's different with an MT..

Hi, mine's a manual transmission and does not have a plastic cover as shown in your photo. Behind the accelerator/gas pedal then there are a few wires that could be better positioned/covered but there is no danger of catching them as they are behind the pedal.
Only noticed mine whist removing the mats to clean them.
paul.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Exposed wires - accelerator (trampdog)

Thanks for that paul, can you see the individual coloured wires in the black sheathed wiring loom?
Just looks un-VW like, mark_d_drakes picture makes me think there should be a cover.

· Registered
396 Posts
Re: (Cakeboy)

Quote, originally posted by Cakeboy »
Thanks for the shot Darien, again still looks like I'm missing that cover. Do you have a shot more to the right, from the gas pedal side?
Many Thanks

Here u go.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Small5)

Great shots Darien, I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. This what this forum is great for.
Second shot shows a hint of the wires, basically I am missing the cover above that point it would appear! Strange!

Car going in tomorrow for roof doctor, (already found problem myself, 'flap catching on fabric' one) but still needs adjusting. I'll see what they say about the pedal.
Thanks for the help guys

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (swordfish1)

Ah! swordfish1 our paths finally cross

I admit it! I copied your description

As you have the same car, do you have the cover shown in the photos above ?
I'll post what VW do/say about it.....

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (swordfish1)

Car back from dealer earlier than expected, as they are happy with it. It had its 'recall' roof service (have you had this swordfish?), and there were some 'alignment problems' fixed. Fingers crossed

They didn't seem to think a cover was missing from behind the accelerator pedal, but do seem to have tidied it up. The cable now has a black sheath all the way down covering it up. Better but quite different to the NA cars.

· Registered
396 Posts
Re: (Cakeboy)

Could you elaborate that "Roof" recall? I just picked up my car back from my dealership, and they didn't fix the roof seals since they couldn't duplicate the leakage of the roof seals. That really pissed me off!

Modified by darien at 8:22 AM 2-8-2007

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (darien)

The letter was from Volkswagen, might have been just before Xmas. It had 'Recall' on the envelope but inside it was less scarey, basically an invitation to go into a dealer for a roof check and free valet.
I don't have the letter to hand but I can post the text later if you want. On the list of work carried out by the dealer it had a 'job code' so presumably is a set procedure from VW.
Just noticed your in Texas so I guess this will be yet another difference between yours and our side of the pond

Modified by Cakeboy at 9:32 AM 2-8-2007

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.