VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 90 g60, it warms up to normal operating temp then when u turn it off, wait a bit then restart it has an extended crank time then starts. Need so ideas, coolant temp sensor( blue) or intake air temp (potentiometer)? This just started happening and it drives me crazy. Could it be a Fuel delivery issue? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
leaky injectors, which will probably flood the cylinders when car is shut of :) making it hard to start

OR

it could be the FPR which does not hold pressure when pump is shut of

(there is a sensor on the end of the fuelrail, which senses fuelpressure too low when car is off, and flicks to pump on to pressureize the system again, so its easier to start)

but i would start with the injectors, have them checked

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
put some injector cleaner in first. see if you can clear the crud that might be stopping the injectors from closing fully.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'll do the cleaner then check the Fuel Inj. Thanks. Is there a way to check the FPR sensor? To see if it's coming on or if it works.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Check your compression as well. I chased a hard start or "extended cranking" issue for a while ended up being low compression.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
leaky injectors, which will probably flood the cylinders when car is shut of :) making it hard to start

OR

it could be the FPR which does not hold pressure when pump is shut of

(there is a sensor on the end of the fuelrail, which senses fuelpressure too low when car is off, and flicks to pump on to pressureize the system again, so its easier to start)

but i would start with the injectors, have them checked
to extend on this: check the fpr vacuum line and if it has fuel in it the fpr is bad.

Ive also taken the after run sensor out and never had any issues starting after it was warm

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got a known good blue temp sensor put it in and did a FI service at work, but it continues to do it so FPR or leaky injectors and comp. test here i come thanks for the ideas guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts