VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know if something exists with this female connector (two prongs down inside, one slot to slide into) on one end and its male counterpart (one bump on one side) on the other? Ideally it would be about a foot long. Or maybe I can make one?

TIA

Finger Electronic component Engineering Electronic engineering Thumb

Textile Body jewelry Grey Nail Denim

·
Registered
437 Posts
If you search the VW part number on the side of the black plastic plug, you can usually locate the plug (female) and a suitable mating male connector on AliExpress. The crimp tool to properly crimp the wires is available as well, for fairly cheap.

I recently had to find the two pin connectors used on blind spot monitoring wires, and got them for under $12 for five of each both male, female and the appropriate pins (with shipping).

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found my parts, yep. Thanks.

Hatch area light -- want to add a simple on/off toggle switch. To mount in a hole that I'll put in the panel there a coupla inches away from the light itself.

Haven't done it yet. Now I'm thinking that in the OFF position I'm going to have an endless "bulb out" warning. But maybe those are just for exterior lights. Only one way to find out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.