VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a head that has extensive p&p and larger valves/stems (40mm/35mmx8mm), would running a 260 cam for be too much duration because of more airflow anyways by the head work? Or would it not make a difference. Dont know how high to go with cam for supercharger after aquiring a stage4 8v head.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Re: Extensive head work and cam choice for FI (Sandlock)

I bet that head is a jewel eh? save it. throw a stock one till you sort out the fueling, then stick the good head on. ports don't matter, when you force air through them. not as much as NA engines.
g60 related cams work best. but it will run with big cams too. try things.
ya, meltdowns do occur, and a stock head is best for that, till things go right.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts

best valves I've found are...........the stock ones. the port job might add a little, but all you have to do with a stock head to match it is......turn the boost up a few psi

funny how at the turn of a screw you can add hp. sounds easy eh? as long as fuel keeps up....

·
Registered
3,044 Posts

I defintely wouldn't increase the valve stem size.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts

I guess us rabbit guys figured out long ago that a rabbit is the lightest thing to put a big engine in.

·
Registered
12,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Extensive head work and cam choice for FI (samrabbit)

Well after checking out other threads, it seems that you are running a M90 eaton, sammy. At what point did you need to at fuel and how did you figure out how much you need and tune accordingly? Big injectors then adjust fpr or smaller injectors with a higher setting for fuel pressure? I dont know much about FI fueling issues, this will be my first time going down this path. You know my deal, M45 eaton and a ABA 2.0 8v. Im just trying to work towards a smaller pulley, but wanna be set up properly first

1 - 9 of 9 Posts